Mulkey makes watching women's basketball fun again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Feb 22, 2022.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

well whoever is attending, it's a lot more of them. per the graphic 5th in D1 attendance....

someone smarter than I can extrapolate the $$$ benefit mulkey brings to LSU but it's significant.... she's worth her contract and more...

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i said twice i see them. have you heard of photography? you can see things without being there. do you? they are old, which i said 9 times. you dont disagree. just follow lsu basketball on twitter, look at photos from games.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

probably not. she is probably a negative financially. she is for PR. the better financial decision would be to hire a nobody.

tickets are cheap and tv contracts are shit. odds are womens basketball, and mulkeys pay in particular, are losing money. financially, a winning season in women's hoops is to only lose 500k.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chriss...of-womens-college-basketball/?sh=49f449cd38b5

the WNBA for instance is a charity for black women and lesbians. its a net loss and financial disaster, and purely a public relations charity for thr NBA and the men pay the bills for the women to lose.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's two school in a state that has one of the highest percentages of 55+ residents in the country. Is it true for LSU? Again, I don't know, but I would bet the big jump in attendance this year is students.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

disagree. how much more favorable coverage has LSU received? what's the value of that coverage? LSU is being viewed perhaps more favorably than in previous years, increasing the intrinsic value of the University... what's that worth? more media articles, more social media, etc.

add all of that up and i believe she's worth every cent......

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

LSU has maybe the best coach on earth and a wild program turnaround. so there is more excitement than normal. but again, if you look at the audience, and i do, plenty, because i follow the program very very closely on a daily basis, you will see the crowd is very very old. and some student.

again, this is true across womens basketball in general. next time just believe me the first time, because if you look into it, you will see that womens basketball fandom is an old persons thing, and for the reasons i stated. they think the game is more fun with passing and layups and fundamentals, and they lack the sophistication to see that the women are hugely worse at fundamentals.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

sure, if from a financial standpoint you mean explicitly not from a financial standpoint.

i get it, its important to pretend people care about womens sports to keep up appearances. there are lawsuits and shit, football players punching their idiot girlfriends. so we have to pretend we care equally about everyone. but the reality is nobody but a few thousand oldies care. and they dont make much money for the sport. they are a shit demographic when it comes to spending. they dont chug 9 dollar beers, and they arent what advertisers crave.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

correct. do some research. everything i said is correct.

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

in 2016 the media determined that trump got x in free media time,,, that's the perspective i'm referencing