Mulkey makes watching women's basketball fun again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CagedTiger, Feb 22, 2022.

1. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I've always enjoyed watching high level women's basketball, but unfortunately that hasn't included LSU in quite some time. For the past 10 or so years, all you heard about and watched on television, for the most part, was UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Baylor, Tennessee and I think Mississippi State also had a couple of great years. I know this will show my age, but I also loved watching La. Tech women's team play many, many years ago. The good news is Mulkey already has the women's program headed in the right direction and currently sitting 8th in the country! Who would have thought that? It's just so enjoyable to see the team play because they are so well coached and you can see it in their play. I love how Mulkey is so into the game and making adjustments, as needed, and pulling the players aside during the game and giving them pointers to improve their game. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds because it's been a fun ride so far. I don't think we're good enough to make it to the final four yet, but with a little time, I can see the Lady Tigers knocking heads with South Carolina for SEC and national titles in the near future!

KyleK, ROY_LA_CA and 65Grad like this.
  2. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Just goes to show you how much a great HC can change the direction of a program and energize the fan base in a short time frame. Too early to know for sure, but it is starting to look like our new baseball HC may do the same for a sport where we were not at LSU's standard, but far from rock bottom. I am optimistically hoping that Brian Kelly will have a quick similar impact on the football program.

kluke, ROY_LA_CA and geaux9 like this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

women play basketball at the level of middle school boys so its unwatchable.

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I'm hoping the same. The baseball team looks incredible and I think given enough time LSU football is going to return to national prominence and hopefully win a NC in the not too distant future. I just love how Mulkey has her team so prepared for every game and she's constantly teaching and you can see the team improve as the season goes along. Good coaching matters and she's a great example of that. Personally, I don't think LSU basketball - men or women - has seen this level of elite coaching maybe ever. A close friend of mine made a great comparison and said the team reminded him of a Gene Stallings Alabama coached team. You knew they were always going to be well prepared in every phrase of the game and they were going to battle the entire way. You might beat them every once in a while, but it was going to take your best effort. To me, that's fun to watch!

Hou-duco likes this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

womens basketball fans are uniformly over 65 years old and argue, incorrectly, that their game is more fundamental and better coached. old people dont like thunderous jams and excitement. just pass around the ball and miss a layup is all the excitement they need.

6. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Fuck you and your profiling of the aged,

65Grad likes this.
  7. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

BS!

8. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I totally agree with both of you! This guy is clearly not working with a full deck!

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

its not my fault. just look at the crowd at a womens game.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

which part is incorrect