Mueller’s investigation

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Here are two articles that to me show why the Mueller investigation should not only keep going but should be expanded.
    The first is not exactly on point but has information that is germane.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/opinion/protect-mueller-russia-prosecutor.html
    has within it a fact that the 4 FISA Court judges who approved the warrants used to investigate Trump were ALL Republicans appointed by Reagan and both Bush’s. It also appears there was evidence prior to and in enough detail that the Steele dossier was not the tool used. Likewise there were follow up warrants Granted which required fresh information that added to the basis. Now you may say they wouldn’t like Trump but to say they would put aside their legal duty for political gain goes many steps too far. I think any debate on the propriety of the warrants is not only cheaply partisan but baseless and an insult to those judges and the US judicial system.
    The second article https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/the-russians-colluded-massively-with-democrats/ shows that there is MUCH more evidence that HRC and the democrats were using foreign (Russian and British) sources to bend the campaign. As the article does follow the money. I believe there is plenty of reason to take a hard look into this. It is no less treasonous if the democrats did it than the republicans.
    This is not exculpatory of Trump and no reason to stop but every reason to dig every last rat from the nest.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Your second paragraph is the point I was making. Trump has proved to me he is a conservative which is why I like him. The jury was out before he got elected and I wasnt totally sold on whether he was a true conservative. My vote for him was based on he was not a true politician and he was better than any and I mean any democrat. Trump has since exceeded my expectations. He is more conservative than 90% of the republicans.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He wasn't before but he's one now.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You would have a point if there wasn't a GOP NEVER TRUMP movement.

5. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

@Winston1 the problem with the argument that the dossier wasn't the tool used is that the other pieces of information supplied, did not link to page without the dossier. For instance, the stuff on Papadopoulous was on him, not Page. The dossier, linked it to Page. And the FISA court judges being Republican or Democrat really shouldn't matter if they apply the law - meaning, it there was evidence presented that met the standard, they issue the warrant. Also, renewing the warrant just means that oh yea judge, we discovered ____ so we need to keep going. ____ could be something very innocuous that may or may not lead to anything unless they keep going. Both memos do not refute the fact that they did not reveal that the HRC campaign and the Dems were behind the dossier. So yea - they should also be investigating that angle to Russia as well

6. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Are you implying that the judges made their decision on political positions alone? If so why have a judicial system as it must be absolutely corrupt? Yes judges decisions are impacted by their politics...just look at the 9th and 5th circuits. However neither one puts aside their duties as judges and rules without regard to the merits.
    If you believe that you can have no faith in the American system of justice.

8. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I don't think ALL judges are impacted by their politics.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A lot of them are more impacted by money.

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Do you think the FISA judges were?