Mueller’s investigation

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

We’ve had a lot of discussion about THE investigation of campaign collusion but really Mueller’s team is reportedly looking at 5 or more separate investigations under the broad umbrella of the special counsel's office ... it's important to understand the different 'buckets' of Mueller's probe. ... 1. Preexisting Business Deals and Money Laundering. ... 2. Russian Information Operations. ... 3. Active Cyber Intrusions. ... 4. Russian Campaign Contacts. ... 5. Obstruction of Justice. ...
    Taken in that light I’d like to share my opinion of each.
    First I understand why he needs to investigate Trump’s preexisting business. It sets the stage for how and possibly why Trump worked with the Russians IF HE DID. He could be in debt, in fear of blackmail or just have had close relations. However what he did before the election if found indictable seems to me NOT impeachable. If there are crimes the indictment should be sealed until Trump leaves office.
    The second and third issues Russian information and cyber intrusions are critical to uncover and root out. They are a significant danger to our republic. They can also be totally without and separate from Trump campaign involvement. The Russians are an adversary and undermining faith in the electoral process is striking at the heart of our system
    ONLY if Trump and/or his campaign actively participated should he be held accountable and impeachable. I believe any such action by him OR the democrats is treason.
    Finally there is the catch all obstruction of justice. It’s one of the FBIs strongest tools and one I am leery of in general. What if Trump did nothing to collude but did get in the way of the investigation? It would really bother me to see him impeached in that case. It would be as bad as what happened under Whitewater, Iran-Contra and so many other independent investigations. It seems the investigators get so invested the feel they have to bring someone down even if it isn’t pertinent to why the investigation started.
    I don’t know where the evidence will lead. I hope the get to the bottom of and root out the Russian interference in our elections and society. That is the clear and present danger and must be carried out to the fullest.
    If Trump colluded impeach and hang him. If he didn’t let him go and get on with the business of being president. Hopefully Mueller will be what he’s touted to be an incorruptible lawman in search of the truth. Time will tell.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Muh collusion. So sick and tired of hearing about this and the American people tiers of it. Shit or get off the pot. Perception is shifting already and if no collusion is found, it only strengthens Trump. I know you don’t want to admit that, but it does.

I am not sure how firing Comey =‘s obstruction when it didn’t stop the THREE INVESTIGATIONS.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Agree it’s put up or shut up at some time for Mueller. As I said I want him to find out and root out any Russian interference. IF Trump was part of it he should pay. If not I agree it probably strengthens him. While I don’t particularly like him I am totally against removing him other than through election or impeachment if justified.
    I agree with your point about Comey’s firing. As I noted obstruction is usually th BS charge when a prosecutor has nothing on the supposed real crime. I don’t like it.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I mean, we now know they recorded conversations etc. Logic would say that if collusion was there, they would have it.

Seems to me, with all the political hacks in the FBI, high level officials abused their power to take out Trump.

This is far worse than “Russia” in my view.

Everyone wants to worry about Russia when we are attacking our “own”...

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Uhmmm . . . How do you characterize the Comey presser and his “October Surprise” letter on Hillary’s email?

Turns out a hundred million or so Americans think the high level FBI officials were taking out Hillary!

Not sure, but I don’t think it can be both ways.

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

They didn't take out Hilary otherwise she would have been indicted per Comey's own statements - there was enough to indict

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The investigation is as phony and fraudulent as the climate change crap

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Or not!

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You mean saving HRC. Its well documented the FBI was political in their effort to save her.

furduknfish likes this.