'Mount Rushmore term is offensive and should be retired' - Jalen Rose

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Aug 8, 2022.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yawn... Does it even really need to be said? I mean, everything today is offensive to someone, so why is it even necessary? The funny part is, the people who are supposed to be offended (Native Americans) are not, so he's taken up the mantle for them. Just like white women do for POC.

Mount Rushmore term is offensive and should be retired

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  2. fanatic

In similar news, OU assistant head coach announced retirement after reading an offensive song lyric off of a players iPad. Utterly ridiculous for him to lose his job over this. Why isn't a heartfelt apology sufficient? It's not like he walks around shouting racial epithets at the top of his lungs. He had a momentary lapse of judgement reading what was on someone else's iPad.

I'm sure Rex not only supports it, he applauds it.

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Agree that these are bull shit. Everyone is offended by something these days....hell I'm sure someone, somewhere is offended by what I'm typing right now....they just don't know it yet.

4. fanatic

Wow, common ground. Who knew?

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Tiger in NC

I don't like the woke culture any more than I like the conspiracy theories of the right. Both have been an albatross around the neck of the country.

StaceyO and HalloweenRun like this.
  6. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

The only thing is that the conspiracy theorists have a damn good track record while the woke culture is destructive in the extreme.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I was offended while you were composing this post in your head.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

No they haven't. They've only proven themselves easily fooled by a wild story, same as the woke culture. They are different sides of the same coin, birds of a feather. They are both unconcerned with the truth, only their own version. Someone telling me I should feel guilty because I was born white is just as foolish and ignorant as someone who believes there was widespread fraud in the 2020 election after two years and no evidence. They both have to embrace some fantastical thinking in order to arrive their respective conclusions. So, it may make you feel better to insist that somehow the conspiracy theorists hold some kind of moral high ground here but the truth is that they do not. They are both bad for the country. We have ample disagreement about actual issues without inventing things to be disgusted about with one another.