most "tolerable" diet drinks.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

I love fresca - we buy it at Robert's and Dorignac's

A frined of mine who used to work for Coke, said that they only sold it to a few retailers....

2. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

My first experience with Fresca was at an LSU spring football game a while back.....I'm guessing maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Before the spring game they were giving away free samples of it....I tasted it and loved it. They even gave some out at the baseball game after the spring game was over....

I've loved Fresca since......and yes you can still find it in some supermarkets

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Isnt that what Judge Smails offered Noonan in CaddyShack.

"How bout a Fresca ?"

I remember the commericals as a kid, thats my only experience with it. What is it a softdrink, if I remember correctly it look like Sprite or 7up ? Was it a Lemon Lime type drink ?

4. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

exactly. it was one of the first lemon-lime type drinks. real fizzy. fresca and tab were two of the very first diet drinks. unfortunately, there has not been a whole of improvement over the last 20+ years.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Call me what you will, but I cannot drink regular Coke anymore. It tastes like I am drinking syrup. Diet Coke or Sprite for me....

6. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

My favorite diet drinks are:

- purple grape juice (especially fermented)
    - apple juice
    - grapefruit juice
    - orange juice
    - green tea
    - V-8

Somehow I have never been able to stomach the taste of a diet soda. Must be the artificial sweeteners or whatever.

7. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Diet Country TIme (or Lipton's) Lemon Aid.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I hate diet drinks as well. I have never been able to create a taste for any of them. If I can't have a Coke, Dr. Pepper or something like that I like water and tea.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm addicted to Diet Coke. After getting used to the taste, regular Coke tastes like Diet Coke USED to taste to me. I even mix Diet Coke in my mixed drinks.

It's a great way to cut calories, as soon as you get used to the taste.

When I was pregnant, I could only have one Diet Coke a day, and that was far worse than going off of alcohol for the nine months. Then, I had to drink water all of the time, but in restaurants up here in Dallas, I'd drink lemonade. The tap water up here is incredibly nasty--it smells and tastes like I'd expect dirt to taste.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Diet Coke can be addictive. I started drinking it when I started seeing a little gut appearing. I figured if I drink 1 coke a day, I'd be cutting out about 200 calories a day by drinking Diet Coke instead of Coke Classic.

Switching to DC is easier than going jogging everyday. :D