(Most Definitely NON-LSU) Why So Many Threads on Alabama Football Coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I put in for mine, but it's probably going to be one of the biggest lotteries since the 03' Sugar Bowl.

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Of course you don't get the analogy, as long as you're getting laid your blind to everything else. Bama(who will pay and do anything to win) deserves Saban(who will say and do anything for more money). I can't wait to hear your arguments when this fails. I'm sure you will try to spin it or just disappear from this board.

3. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

I was donw in Gulf Shores,AL., last week on vacation and always had something LSU on. I ran into and talked to alot of Bama fans. Almost everyone I talked to seemed to be ready to take a ripping that they now have CNS. Everyone got the same response from me...."You have a great coach. Enjoy him while you can." Most were taken back by my comment. I always followed up with what a GREAT coach we have in CLM!!! Most of the conversations would then turn to actual X's and O's.

Until Bama Beats us with CNS all of this CNS talk we keep going, makes us sound like we got sour grapes!

:geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

once again Saint Terry rides to the rescue of Bammer Nation, spin machine intact. what's wrong with telling the truth?....the act's getting a little tired Ter. "I know the Miami media, blah, blah, blah, ............somehow you always manage to tell us exactly what we should believe.

you might have more credibility if you actually paid for the privilege of posting on this site...... gee whiz Ter, can't pony up 20 lousy dollars? i understand "test driving" the site, but after well over 1,000 posts?

$aban is a lying whore Ter, plain & simple. you can dress him up anyway you want. :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup:

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

You hit it on the head.

I met $$$$$ at a radio night in October 2003 at Superior Grill in BR, actually
    shook the man's hand twice.

Dude is a cold fish, and it really didn't surprise me when he left for more $.

Les Miles seems much more personable and genuine.

$$$$$ seems more like a high priced ho.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

His agent pimps him. The Pimp and the Ho are milking the market for every cent and the Academic Presidents know it. What's simmering is what the college athlete thinks about this and what he may eventually do about it. Of course his payoff is the NFL if he makes it. No way we are where we are without agents. The College football climate was overly ripe for manipulating salaries to this extreme. I just think it's funny that Saban is within a minutes walk of the President of UA, he pays Saban all this money and has to communicate with Saban through his agent. Love it! :rofl:

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every time, obviously. He just says "No more comments".

Sure, I understand his frustration, I just don't absolve him of lying as a solution. It comes too easily for him, Terry. He lied about two interviews with pro teams while he was at LSU but he had a self-justification for that one too.

We all understand it. We're trying to suggest something else to you, amigo.

No. I just don't believe him when he says it. I think he follows his impulses. Miami was not his NFL dream job at all, it was just his next rewarding challenge and Nick thrives on them. So, now he's the highest-paid coach in college football again and in charge of a famed coaches graveyard with the highest fan expectations on God's Green Earth. Nick gets a woodie just thinking about it. :wink:

So . . . Tag, you're it.

Yes, but we never heard any of it before last season.

Ahhh, the genuine reason. Quite understandable.

Again, that must have been inside stuff. We didn't see anything from the Bama Nation in '05 except enthusiastic support. 10 wins buys you a lot of support most places.

All I'm saying is that, to those outside Alabama, support for Shula seemed to collapse suddenly, rather than crumbling slowly. It was surprising to a lot of us based on the love for Shula that had been recently exhibited on the Bama Boards and the Bamafans that we all know. We forget sometimes that Alabama athletic politics is run by a select inside few who perhaps have a different agenda entirely.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Didn't realize $$ = credibility. If that's so, I'm going to contribute $100.00 next time mine is due. :wink:

You must've forgotten who was first to tell us Saban would be the coach at Bama- about 6 weeks before it was released. :thumb:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's always both.

10. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Yep, timing is everything. Timing is not working in Saban's favor this time. Bama is a broken train wreck with all the things Saban dislikes. His patience will run out quickly and exit. He will not let himself be fired. He will figure out early on Bama can't be another LSU and his agent will find the next Larry Brown job. It is flattering that Bama wants to be like LSU. :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.