Most Bama fans actually LIKE Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Dec 10, 2011.

1. msully

msully Founding Member

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I am confused by your post. I do now recall the Larry Foster incident. You say a girl should have been playing in the LSU backfield?:confused:
    This goes to show how important the quality and character of the individual is when recruiting also.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Lol, wut??

Which one did the building up?

Shirley you aren't insinuating Dinardo didn't have to build the program up...are you???

Here's the real difference. One inherited a steaming pile of dog chit and made lemonade with lemons.

The other inherited a stocked cupboard full of NFL caliber players, and knew how to make them into an elite team. He also knew how to get the admin on board and make them realize what a money maker an elite program can be.

But both had to build when they got here.

2 people like this.
  4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

a man who, by all accounts, hit rock bottom and then turned his life around. and not only is working on rebuilding his own life, but working with kids to help them to not go down the wrong path like he did. finding meaning to his life's lessons by passing on those lessons so others may learn also.

there was an article on him a few months ago, but i cant find it now. the only link i had is no long valid. but it was a very inspiring story.

and he does seem like a good, down to earth, honest about who he is, person. i know swerved will back me on this.

not to hijack the thread, just wanted to bring up who he is since that incident.

carry on.

5. Sourdoughman

Sure there were some good players around, Dinardo did some building but he also lost the ship. The Titanic sank. I am curious as to why people think this happened? Maybe I don't fully understand the situation or forgot. That was a long time ago and I am quite a few years older. I will admit I don't remember as much any more and I don't know everything.

Sure there was some talent when Saban arrived, he had to change the culture, program and some facilities were also built. However I look at the team Saban built and left and CLM's has not only maintained but improved and I see no contest when you consider the calibur of players and the depth of the team, also meaning character of the players vs Dinardo's recruits.
    Larry Foster, Cecil Collins for example.

So yes, right or wrong at this point I don't believe the quality, character and depth of the players are the same under the last 2 coaches as Dinardo.
    Simple as that. I will simply say I believe we have had more recruits go to the NFL from our last 2 coaches vs Dinardo.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

But in order to say Dinardo didn't build the program, one would have had to sleep from 1989-1995. You understand what I'm saying, right??

BOTH of them built the program. Saban did all those things you said, which is what I meant in my description about getting the admin on board to make this an elite program. But he DID inherit some serious talent. If you don't remember that, go back and check some NFL rosters from a few years back. Many of them were players Dinardo brought to LSU. Some are STILL producing in the league.

Dinardo inherited a dumpster fire all around.

7. Sourdoughman

Yes I understand what you mean. I guess my thinking wasn't exactly correct. I was thinking that Nick had to rebuild it because of Dinardo's record the last 2 years. In a way I was right but I was also incorrect.
    I remember Mark Roman, Alan Faneca, Kevin Faulk and a few guys from back then but in my estimation I also say what I do because Nick Saban and Les Miles took it to a whole new level. It is just a technicality of sorts.
    I know that there was quite a few after 2000 but in my thinking they went pro Nick was the coach. Its just me of sorts. I get it!:eek:
    My deck isn't full until I fully thought this through!:eek::grin:

:rofl:

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Let's go with:

Ryan Clark
    Rohan Davey
    Bradie James
    Josh Reed
    Domanick Davis
    Trev Faulk
    Robert Royal

Just to name a couple that Saban inherited from Dinardo.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have this one record every time this gets brought up. Each one of these made a NFL roster at one point.

Fred Booker
    Jerel Myers
    Ryan Clark
    Rohan Davey
    Trev Faulk
    Bradie James
    Corey Webster--
    Josh Booty
    Craig Nall
    Randall Gay--
    Marcus Randall--
    LaBrandon Toefield
    Josh Reed
    Devery Henderson--
    Eric Alexander--
    Dominick Davis
    John Corbello
    Lionel Turner--
    Jarvis Green
    Rodney Reed
    Donnie Jones
    Stephen Peterson--
    Jack Hunt--
    Robert Royal
    Howard Green
    Eric Edwards
    Norman LeJeune
    Kenderick Allen
    Abram Booty
    Adrian Mayes--
    Brandon Winey

The ones with -- following the player are guys who were recruited by both Dinardo and Saban and most of them were on board before Saban arrived on November 30th. I left Lavalais and Mauck off the list because both were persuaded by Saban to join the team.

10. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

To keep it simple, he refused to fire bad coordinators. The D was a MAJOR issue. Bad coaching.

That's what I remember off the top of my head.