Most Bama fans actually LIKE Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

First 3 years:

DiNardo - 26-9-1

Saban - 26-12

Miles - 34-6

What interesting to me, is Miles last 3 years as well, 33-6 with 1 game left the BCSNC, against a team he's already beaten. Kinda look familar?

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

I try to put myself into a Bama fans shoes and can definitely see why they like, and are amused by, CLM. Every year that rolls by CLM gains more respect from LSU faithful, too. This year it's gone off the charts. Sure, there are a lot of us who question his handling of the JL demotion, but we're having a season like no other. And look at how this team has handled all of the adversity this year, from Coach Kraprope (SIC, sorry) illness to the key suspensions and everything else. And 2012 looks to be just as bright.
    Getting back to why to like CLM...look at the who they have to press conference with....Coach Nick "End of the World" Saban. I (man) loved him when he was our coach but I HATED looking at his "sad sack" expressions.

I mean, can you see Saban doing something like this?[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP4D0HJ4zP0]Les Miles in "It Must Have Been the Shoes" - YouTube[/ame]
    Thank the Good Lord for what we have! Those of us older LSU fans can remember LONG periods of time when our best recruits went elsewhere and our teams weren't always Top 10 material (to say the least). These are the future Good Ole Days! :)

3. southerntgr

southerntgr Veteran Member

anytime. I got to tell you I went to a Christmas party last night and did not have a thing of purple or gold on it felt so odd. The party was next to the superdome and the billboards have signs with LSU NC stuff all over it. I loved it.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Well, I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading the drivel at Tidefans.com.

Amazing that the consensus is that he is a great coach but would be terrified to have him as HC at Bama. Their delusions of grandeur are staggering.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

We were talking about the final rankings. We were not ranked 3rd following the 2005 season. We were ranked 5th. We were, however, ranked 3rd after dismantling Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl the next year...

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ok, I have to comment on this, find this interesting!!!
    First of all Dinardo and Saban have practically the same record!!!!
    But the difference is one built up the program and the other didn't but it is still funny as heck!:hihi::grin:
    As far as CLM's go some just wanted to see if he could maintain or build up the program and that takes more than a year or two. There is no question he has done that. I find his record very interesting much less 34-6 record his first 3 years then the same record over the last 3 years as well! Wow!!!
    The consistency is amazing also!

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I always said that 2008 season would have been a losing one with any other coach but Miles. Three QB changes in one season...throwing freshman QB on the field. Before this season I thought that was his greatest coaching effort.

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I know, which is why I referred to it before the UGA game. I was referring to why he thought we might have been ranked #2. We were pretty close.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

Jerry's kids

After 1994, DiNardo left Vanderbilt and took the head coach position at LSU. He took over a program that had six straight losing seasons and that hadn't been ranked in the AP Poll since 1989. DiNardo improved LSU's fortunes, bringing back the tradition of wearing white jerseys during home games .
    Jerry's kids became saban's group. Jerry came to LSU when no one else wanted to be the LSU coach . He had the talent in place , but a bad move by a LSU captain # one on this list can't remember his name but the girl should have been playimng in the LSU backfield, she ran him down . Who was the LSU football player ?? http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=16989473&pg=2

10. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Larry Foster