Most Bama fans actually LIKE Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

No. Two things never happen. You never are #2 in the BCS unless you play in the BCSNCG. Also, you never vault to #2 in any poll if you play in the Peach Bowl.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I gotta quit drinking and start back on the meds !!!

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I disagree with you and here is why....
    Some of us remember the Gerry Dinardo years, his first 3 years were successful until the bottom fell out.
    Again, 2007 was a bit of luck but I do believe you make your own luck. The last minute touchdown pass vs AU. Two losses in OT. We just made it and won the BCS.
    I believe the next year was the worse Year? Record wise and JL throwing the picks. Although the next few years after that had been successful many questioned Les Game Management the next few years, vs Ole Miss and then Tennessee.
    I think 2005 and this year was his best coaching year, but our defense wasn't very good in 05 or at least part of the year.
    This year is the first year everything has come together and the Tigers have played consistently all year. CLM's best year coaching but maybe not, What I meant by that is that I believe he has done a heck of a job bringing the best football staff in college football. That makes him look that much better on the field.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

What's Miles overall record at LSU ??
    Where does he rank as far as winning percentage ??
    What kind of success has LSU had in recruiting under Miles since he got here ??

Did he just do all of that this year...or has he been the best coach in LSU history since he got here ??

Is he (or more specifically, his OC) the only coach in NCAA football to not have managed the clock perfectly ??

I'm happy for all those that think he pulled it together this year....but you all really should remember recent history.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Ok if you disagree, but like Steve said....his record over seven seasons speaks for itself. I was aggravated after the Ole Miss game in 09 and the Tennessee game in 10, but I never let it determine my opinion of Miles overall body of work. And in 2008, after doing the right thing and removing a cancer from the team, anyone who expected a good season was kidding themselves. Also losing Pelini. He didn't get a good replacement, but again, fixed it a year later...in a HUGE way. That's why I don't make snap judgments and look at the overall body of work.
    Miles has been a good coach all the while. Maybe one day we'll get an infallible one...

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This will be my last comment on the subject. As far as I'm concerned it took a little time for me to jump on the bandwagon. What was Gerry Dinardo's record after the first 3 years?
    Maybe if we hadn't gone through that I would agree with you. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Maybe I do remember recent history, that is part of the problem.
    His record does speak for itself, yes but maintaining the program and coaching is somewhat different. He didn't play with a lot of his own recruits his first few years. I hadn't made up my mind about CLM's whole body of work until recently, probably this year. Gerry Dinardo's record the first 3 years spoke for itself also.
    I am now very happy with CLM's and I'm going to leave it at that. If I wanted to make a snap judgement I would have made it long ago.
    We just disagree about the timing of this and it is hardly worth anymore of my time.
    Be happy I now fully support him, I have been warming up the last year or so.
    I have always liked him as a person and doing the right thing by getting rid of bad eggs, there was never a question for me there. Crowton wasn't all that great either, thank goodness he is gone speaking of replacement!
    Geaux Tigers

Edit: It was totally amazing contrasting the difference between CLM and CNS tonight at the Heisman special. Thank God CLM's is our coach. We have a real person who can enjoy life vs a robot who doesn't seem to be able to comprehend happiness.

1 person likes this.
  7. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I got a kick out of reading the "traditional powers" list. Haven't heard from two of them in what seems like decades. :lol:

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'd be willing to bet the large majority of people like that are bandwagon fans anyway. Only wanting LSU to win so they could wear a championship hat. I don't think any forum setting is an accurate gauge of an actual fan base. After this season I don't think any real fan will be calling for Miles head win or lose the next game.

Of course that's not to say we wouldn't dissect every decision he made in the next game should he lose. Tbh, I hope if LSU loses that JJ would still have a stellar game so we don't have to go down that path of blame. Really though, I think we roll Bama.

10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

We were ranked 3rd with an outside shot at the NC had beaten UGA in the SECCG.