Most Bama fans actually LIKE Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jreed999, Dec 10, 2011.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe so, but there are a few here who would love to see Miles gone. Many of them have been conspicuously absent but wait until 1/10/12 should LSU lose to Bama.

2. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

SabanFan, I gotta admit that I was one of those Miles-haters previously, but only because of the coaching errors he committed in games past, especially the huge clock mismanagement issues. That said, I always thought the man represented LSU extremely well off the field.

However, this year Les Miles has seriously earned his stripes as a head coach. With the numerous off-the-field issues, Miles has kept this team focused each and every game, and he seems to have done an about-face when it comes to game/clock management. Also, he's been able to keep the Tigers winning, which becomes increasingly difficult once the #1 ranking is yours to lose (ask the 2007 Tigers.)

Congrats to Miles.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He's going to say something about if it took you until this year...

That's when you know things are slow. SabanFan is creating situations in which they will come. :lol: "wait until 1/10/12 should LSU lose to Bama." lol

He's having withdrawals from lack of opportunities.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Interesting thread.....
    My take is that I find it hard to believe that LSU fans would hate CLM's. Actually I don't believe it. I was skeptical of CLM's only because of a few reasons. I thought the administration rushed the hiring process some in the beginning and then you have the Ole Miss and UT games last year, Ole Miss year before I think. The year 2007 was a lucky year of sorts, 2 losses in double OT and a BCS Championship. The last few years minus 2008 I believe? We have won at least 10 games. This year I think CLM's has done an outstanding job not only at keeping the players focused and putting them in a position to be successful. He has also done an outstanding job at putting a staff together. I think this is the best staff we've had here at LSU in quite some time.

I think CLM's has won over quite a few people this year including myself. Even if we lost to Alabama on the 9th I would be in his corner, I would not want him run off. I have always thought he was a wonderful man with wonderful character, that was never an issue, wasn't sure just how good a coach he was. It is very refreshing to have him at LSU when you consider the coaching scandals around the country as well as the classless coaches we have run across.
    I love the fact that CLM's is comfortable with himself and his position and he is a character. I also love it because of the character of the team as well as the Honey Badger showing that players are comfortable with CLM's and being free to be themselves. Something that would never have happened if another coach was here.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

And you're absolutely correct.

At coffee this morning a buddy of mine was telling me a story about Miles being spotted sitting down left field fence at a tourn (Breaux Bridge I think it was). It was last year or year before last. He said after he noticed he sent a couple of his kids with balls and Miles autographed them BUT then he felt bad because others noticed and there was a line along the fence and all the way back to home plate. Obviously no indication of mass hate and was not this year either.

Fan perspective is a funny thing. Consider the source. :yelwink2:

6. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

i love les and what he has done for this program and i dont care what anybody says about him or my guys..i love them all..

7. LSUTiga

He's a dweeb but I like him. Stacey finds him handsome.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree, he is our and my coach!:milesmic:

9. rachellsu01

rachellsu01 Im gone people, its been fun

he may be...but he's our dweeb....and in a weird sort of way i guess he is...but i go more for the outdoors kind of guy....

10. LSUTiga

That's an old inside joke but being from up Nawth definitely shines through at times. haha

Even back when he scared the hell out of me and I thought we'd made a terrible mistake, I always said he was the kind of guy you hope your daughters marry.