Morris Claiborne dropped from #1 to #2 on Rivals top 25 DBs (what a crime)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 29, 2011.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Tyrann will also probably play more of a hybrid safety type position and mostly in the nickel, but he's going to get drafted at least in the 2nd round if he doesn't get in more trouble. Make that kid 5'11 and he's a first rounder.

Mo should be top 5 but draft order might hurt him. Right now, the top 5 looks to be Indianapolis (QB), Carolina (LT), St. Louis (WR), Minnesota (WR), and Washington (QB). Mo definitely won't go top 2, as I think Luck and Kalil have that wrapped up already. But the next three, he has a chance, especially with St. Louis and Washington. Minnesota is almost certainly picking a WR, but if St. Louis loves Brandon Lloyd enough, which they should, they might go DB, which they need. And if Washington banks on Grossman, or goes for a free agent QB, they might go DB as well. Otherwise, I'm thinking PHILLY for Mo, believe it or not, even after all they did last summer.

We will own the 2013 draft.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not sure about second round, but his special teams play will also help him stick on an NFL team for a while.

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

Spot on. Good write up. This is the best secondary I've seen in my 42 years of being a Tiger fan.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Better than the "Soul Patrol?"

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Anyone on here old enough to remember when the secondary was 2 halfbacks(CB's) and 1 safety??????

6. Tiger in TX

Tiger in TX Quack

This!

Could not have said it better myself. :thumb:

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The days of drafting a free safety in the first round are behind us.

The NFL rules don't allow bone jarring hits anymore and the Ronnie Lotts and John Lynches of this world are reduced to cheerleaders out there on the field.

I love what Drew Brees is doing passing the ball all over the field as much as anyone you will ever meet, but even I think it's ridiculous how much advantage the receivers have over the secondary with rule changes over the past 20 years (5 yard chuck rule, defenseless receiver penalty, etc).

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

This. The NFL has faced a ton of scrutiny about player safety, but what they're doing is detrimental to the game.

9. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Taylor can actually cover being a former corner. He's athletic enough to get out there and run with these halfbacks and monster tight ends in the NFL these days, but also strong enough to hold up on the back end giving big hits close to the line of scrimmage. He's a very smart player and he should be a pretty high pick if he tests out well.

Eric Reid has tremendous potential. I don't see the comparison to LaRon Landry at all. Landry was ripped and a monster hitter, but he struggled in pass coverage and dropped some interceptions. Reid is a smart player with tremendous athleticism and change of direction skills. LaRon is very fast, but it is a straight-line speed whereas Eric has quick hips to turn and run quicker. The best illustration was his interception against Alabama where Reid read the play and came off of his assignment and out-jumped a bigger player to take away the football. He showed everything you want right there. Reid played his assignment, read the play, came off of his man and had the athleticism to make the game-changing play.

Sky is the limit for him.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Brandon Taylor has a chance to be a really good strong safety in the NFL.