More Kiffin - Foot in Mouth, Again/Official Tenn Recruiting Violations Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DRC, Feb 13, 2009.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Interesting.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

They better hurry up and sell those season tickets....before they play Alabama, Florida, South Carolina......etc. Gonna be real hard next year after everyone in the SEC Kiffen ticked off unloads on them this year.

What about marketing to Tennessee's gangsta thug fan base that Kiffen and Orgeron seem to cater to? They're not stepping up to the plate?

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Story

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I saw a quick something about a billboard put up by Tenn taunting St. Tebow? Anyone know of this? What does it say or look like? It was talked about on CFB Live but there was no sound only saw the "Is it a good idea" bubble. Someone find out and please post it.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't think there is a billboard in FL yet but one is coming.

Adams: UT ad campaign will turn a few heads GoVolsXtra

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

My nomination for Tennessee's billboard in Florida:

[​IMG]

We're Lookin' for Lane !!!!!

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

kitten must be slipping. no juicy posts in a while.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I havent heard any juicy news. Now that football has started I wouldnt expect any. Season ticket sales are still slow but coming around, fans are being told to expect a rebuilding period.

I did get an email from Uncle today that was interesting, although not juicy. Makes Fulmer look pretty bad but it also confirms what I said all along about Monte and Orgeron.

A few excerpts:

9. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

How about this one? Kiffin: NCAA investigating Brown's eligibility - College Football - Rivals.com

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin says the NCAA is investigating an eligibility problem involving freshman tailback Bryce Brown.
    At issue is Brown’s amateur status as a high school athlete, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press. The NCAA is reviewing whether money was raised for Brown to visit colleges during his sophomore year. Tennessee was not recruiting Brown then, according to the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

“I think it’s a gigantic distraction. I think it’s very unfortunate,” Kiffin said in announcing the investigation after Tuesday’s practice.
    The investigation has nothing to do with Brown’s recruitment by Tennessee or any other school or his grades, Kiffin said.
    Brown was recruited out of Wichita, Kan., as one of the top high school prospects in 2009 and committed to the Volunteers after letting a scholarship offer from Miami expire.
    He’s spent significant time playing with the Vols’ first team offense during fall camp, and Kiffin has repeatedly praised his progress.
    “I think Bryce had a great last four practices before (Tuesday), capped off with a great scrimmage,” Kiffin said. “He didn’t have very many big holes when he was running. He made a lot out of a little, and he was extremely physical.”
    The investigation isn’t keeping Brown from practicing with the Vols for now, though a minor hip injury has. Brown left practice on Monday after a special teams practice period, though an MRI of his hip on Tuesday morning was negative.
    Brown didn’t practice on Tuesday, but Kiffin said he thought the running back might be able to practice when Tennessee takes the field again on Thursday.
    “He couldn’t do anything (Tuesday). His hip was pretty tight,” the coach said. “Hopefully (Thursday) we’ll be able to get some stuff out of him.”

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Pretty sure this is the same guy who setup the Lambo/shirts off UT photo shoot this summer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-08-27/former-vols-wr-josh-briscoe-arrested