More idle talk on uniforms

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Band uniforms

Prior to 83, the band used dark pants and tops with overlays or cross buckles, changeable for each game. Not sure what the exact color was, but I suspect that it was similar to the pants now. I heard that the cross buckles were last used in the 81 game @ ND and the overlays were retired after the 83 Orange Bowl.

In 83 the Band changed to teh bright yellow "gold" color for the coats. They were open front, with a fake shirt and ruffled dickey below a tight collar. They were modeled after the uniforms worna thte time by the Blue Devils in DCI.

In 93, the Band bought new uniforms that had the coats closed by a zipper in the front. The new uniforms removed all of the little buttons and chains that were always being lost. The scroll pattern comes from the detail around the top of David Boyd Hall, I believe.

Pictures of all three iterations can be found at www.jumasbrothers.com

GEAUX TIGERS (Boom Dem Sooners)

2. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

White, Gold, Purple--it don't matter. LSU's got the most KickAss jerseys in the game!

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Here is a nice replica of the classic LSU helmet of the 60s. These looked great, though I like our current ones better.

4. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

And of course this one...

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

And last , but not least...
    (these images are all from www.helmethut.com, an excellent site)

6. cajun402

cajun402 Freshman

Purple-Green-Gold???

:lsug: :lsug:

7. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Ok, From a current band member, Yes the uniforms we are in this year are the same ones from 93, not 92. My sis was a freshman in 93, the first year of the uniforms. They generally go ten years before we get new ones. Thus, we were due this year but had to wait cause of something to do with money. (part of the reason for no band in Arizona) So this is the 11th year with them. We are keeping the same style uniform, the only difference is the pants will look more like traditional purple, with a little more red in them. Notice I said look more like purple because contrary to popular view, they are purple. You put them up agaisnt navy blue, ie. the raincoats, it is very easy to see that the pants are purple. But everything else is going to stay the same from what we know.

Yes, Linda runs the show but Wickes is director of Bands. And you can bet on it, that once she finishes her doctorine and Frank retires, she will be gone. So cherish the days we have left with her cause its going to be hard to find someone to fill Frank's and Linda's shoes in a short time. It's no lie that she is the reason we are so good now, but in the same respect, without Mr. Wickes, we wouldn't be close to what we are now.

8. Dr. Torgo

Dr. Torgo Founding Member

Linda is terrible!

ROY is the man! :D

BTW, the band wore all-purple (very purple) uniformsin the '70s, with a big patch of a tiger head on the chest. I think they only lasted a couple of seasons, prob. b/c they were so ugly.

Phi Boota Roota!

9. Dr. Torgo

Dr. Torgo Founding Member

Also, the Golden Girls went to white a few years ago, b/c the manufacturer sent a sample uniform in white, and Linda liked it better (the one good decision she's ever made, IMO).

10. BigSabanFan

BigSabanFan Founding Member

Golden Girls

The band and football team uni's are fine. The Golden Girls uni's have too much fabric.

They need to wear the uni's that they wore for the spring game.