Mo Isom to tryout for the LSU Tigers Football team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Sep 12, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And men can't do the balance beam or the uneven bars. All women do it.

The word is flew. You haven't been paying attention. Women have gotten very athletic in the vault and they can nail landings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7ZfaGLIcJQ]WC Rotterdam 2010: Women's Team Final - YouTube[/ame]

2. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

Thanks, red... the vault (and floor) were my specialty(ies) ;)

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

its not that they cant. its that they dont.

it isnt really relevant that they are athletic, is it. it is relevant that they are athletic relative to the men. they are not close.

i was actually trying for the word "fly".

by all means, create only an open division for men and women in gymnastics. you would never see a woman near a championship again.

you dont seem to comprehend that women's sports exist because if they didnt women could never win anything. their best players are terrible by men's standards. mia hamm is too slow for a college team.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

that actually does not happen. a woman can occasionally make a case for competing against men, but only if the men are not very good. like the fastest woman in the world might make a men's college track team if the college was small enough. but an elite woman can never compete with elite men, at anything where strength is even the tiniest bit advantageous (every sport).

5. red55

No really, they can't. Women have a lower center of gravity and balance that a man can't match. And no testicles to be crushed. Their pubes hit the wood hard and they spring up, do two back flips, and land smiling.

Well yes, of course it is. You just said that women couldn't do "flippity" on the vault which is patently ridiculous. You lose an argument in spectacular fashion.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

that actually does not happen. a woman can occasionally make a case for competing against men, but only if the men are not very good. like the fastest woman in the world might make a men's college track team if the college was small enough. but an elite woman can never compete with elite men, at anything where strength is even the tiniest bit advantageous (every sport).

i dunno about darts, but you are wrong about bowling and pool.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Martin , I can tell you this. The blackbelt girl I trained was something special. By the time she was 17 she had been in karate for 13 years. When highschool boys would come to class , she would beat the flop out of them. She would beat grown men. She didn't hit as hard as them. She couldn't take a hit like a man could either. What she was is fast and smart. She would set them up and in the blink of an eye she would bloody their nose. She was also great in aikiado. She could use their weight aginst them and throw them across the room.
    No she didn't have man power or take a hit like a man but she was far from a weak little sissy girl. Generalizations aren't always correct. There are some exceptional women athletes out there. I do not think she could compete in a mens division in pro martial arts fighting competition though. I don't think she could take the punishment a man could take and fight on.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

OK, fine women are better at not possessing testicles

they can flippity about like lunatics. but men are like lunatics times 4. again, you can women are great all you want, but the issue is relative to men, in which case they are terrible, fly lower, slower, and flip less acrobatically.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

unless our friend here can fight against men the same size with similar experience, i dunno what point it is you are making.

i can beat lots of people at things i have been doing for a decade and they have never tried.

10. red55

Strike One.

So prove it.

Women gymnasts have a higher strength to weight ratio than men and can be even more athletic on the vaults and bars. Their superior balance makes them better on the beam. It's not all about strength in gymnastics.