MLB Thread: 2006

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I was shocked to hear that Boston and Atlanta discussed a trade involving Andruw Jones. Nothing serious, since Atlanta wanted more than Boston was willing to part with.

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Re: MVPapi

don't drink the kool-aid just yet 'ol fert.........if wells can give them anything at all and abe lincoln and wakefield get with the program the bosox will be just fine. holding onto 1st place with 3/5 of the starting rotation out has been pretty impressive.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

If Willy Mo can keep up the good numbers now that it appears he'll be an everyday player, and if 'Tek's injury doesn't sideline him too long, I think the Sox will be all right.

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Sox win 9-8. Papi is just nasty retarded! He hit another walk-off HR.

Hail Papi!

[​IMG]

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

The guy is unbeleivable. I'm not normally a fan of giving the MVP to a DH, but damn he's making a good arguement to be the MVP.

6. clair

clair Rockets

he is without question the MVP.

No doubt

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I don't know who else you could give it to. He's leading the majors in HR's and has a double digit lead in RBI. Plus he's racking up the game winning hits. All on a team in 1st place.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

trade winners and losers:

big winners: yankees. their deep pockets allow them to take players from other teams without giving up equal value in players, because they can take over the massive contracts of guys that for whatever reason are not a good fit for their current town.

this abreu deal is ridiculous, and the yanks are honestly fielding an all-stars only offense. i think abreu will lead the league in runs scored after this deal. that guy willl always be on base, and will be knocked in constantly. it is a good thing the yankees arent terribly solid in the pitching dept or we could pack up the world series trophy and send it to the bronx today.

losers: actualy i havent really thought about it, i am so distracted by the yankees.

the mets had distastrous luck with this damn taxi wreck breaking the setup man. that dude was on fire and was rock solid. the loss of nady is not a huge loss, and milledge may be impressive very quickly, but the loss of sanchez hurts.

but the national league is nothing but 99.9% idiots (except for pujols, the league sucks ass), so the mets will steamroll their way to the world series anyway.

9. clair

clair Rockets

I saw something that showed the number of pitches per at-bat the Yankee lineup hitters have

and they average to see something like 4 pitches an at bat or something, which is easily the best in the league.

And that pitchers project to throw 100+ by the late 5th, early 6th inning.

They can do some major damage if they get anything from the starting rotation

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

giambi probably averages 7 himself. I've never seen someone walk as much as him every year. abreu is similar.

i think he'll bat 6th or 7th in that lineup when its all said and done.

damon
    jeter
    giambi
    arod
    sheff
    matsui
    abreu
    posada
    cano
    ??

u could reverse it, start from the middle, whatever, it wont matter if they are all healthy. still, their pitching does them in. lidle will be more important than abreu if he can adjust to the AL but its unlikely.