Missouri @ LSU (2020) Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Oct 5, 2020.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm debating whether or not to watch a replay of the game. Right now I'm leaning to not watch it.
    In related misery, my wife's Cowboys are playing like LSU against the Giants. :D

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

It’s hard to stomach, I watched some this morning. Defense is completely lost.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ok let's go with Stevens then

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hanigriff and T-Bob were talking about him yesterday, about how during the Moo game last year, another DB blew a coverage and Stevens got him on the sidelines and blasted him up one side and down the other. Yesterday Clark blew a coverage and he and Stevens just pointed fingers at each other. Leader last year, not so much this year, when he really needs to be.

And since Clark and Stevens are the topic, will somebody join me in saying the bullshit of the "traditions" of #18 and #7 must end? It all started as an attempt to have our own Chucky Mullins 38 thing. There was something real to get behind in what Ole Miss did with the 38. His courage was extraordinary, and if I'm not mistaken, Ole Miss doesn't cheapen the awarding of the 38 by giving it out every year. It truly has to be earned. There's no great act of heroism or self-sacrifice in wearing the 18 or 7 for LSU, and frankly, the last few guys to wear either number have been very disappointing. I think it does nothing more than place undo expectations on the wearer. What has Chris Curry done to earn such a "prestigious" honor?

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Gotta face the reality that 7 has not been earned by 7 this year. Same with one 18. I’ll reserve on the other 18 until they actually run the ball. If no one has earned it, the number should not be given. It’s not a participation trophy.

Bengal B and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Stevens played pretty well the first two games. Remember he had a strip/fumble recovery and a few other plays that were in line with the honor. Saturday was pretty bad though but I wouldn’t hang him for it yet.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Speaking of the Cowboys, Prescott was taken off the field on a cart with appears to be a severe ankle injury.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

First time we have been unranked since 2017. First time a defending champ has followed unranked since the barn in 2011. We are currently outranked by teams that have yet to even play a game. That's just how bad we are right now.

Now this defense has to trot out into a pack house in the swamp. Can't watch.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I don’t follow the 7 and 18 stuff, but I about posted, changed my mind, that watching a 10 minute highlight this morning, Number 18 always seemed to be running around without contributing, on most of the big plays for Missouri. Not impressive.

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

On the way to a hospital. That is not good.