Miles record at LSU.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Oct 7, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You can't blame any of the huge bad plays on the coaching staff but it is the coaches job to prepare the team, get them to play up to their talent level, keep their focus and get them to regain their composure should they lose it. It's up to the players to play the game but the coaching staff did none of the things I listed and that they are directly responsible and well paid for. This was a total team loss and "team" includes the coaching staff.

2. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

My opinion is that Miles can not win big games on the road in the SEC. He is 1-3, won at Alabama, lost at UGA, AU, Florida. So I guess every other year we are screwed.

3. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

With the exception of Miami, this team has never looked good against a quality opponent. Even when we beat good teams it did not look pretty.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

not trying to be smart man but use a pargagraph or two, I find your posts interesting. I want to read them but it's a major effort. again no flame... if you dont mind? thanks.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

In other news, Mark Richt's Bulldogs got taken behind the woodshed by Tenn....AFTER halftime.

UGA's leading 24-7 but loses by a boatload. How many fans in Athens are calling for Richt's firing???

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This year LSU has lost only to top-10 teams . . . on the road. Nobody wins many of those.

7. BostonBengal

It's funny how last year, when LSU defeated Auburn and Florida, the anti-Miles mob claimed: "It was the players that won that game on talent alone; Saban's players carried Miles to the win."

Yet, this year, after losing to Auburn and Florida, the same people are claiming: "Miles can't get these players motivated; Can't make the right calls." Well which one is it?!?! Seems to me if our players are THAT much more talented that anyone could coach this team to a 15-3 record in his first season and a half, then you shouldn't have to worry about motivating them/getting themselves prepared to play. If they're good enough to "carry Miles" in wins, then they don't need to be motived--they should be doing that themselves.

Miles gets zero credit for a win, but all the blame for a loss. :dis:

8. Perple

Perple Founding Member

It's really kind of sad, but the people who are bashing Miles because a 4th year QB fumbles, seem to be the same people that bash John Brady. Apparently they also coached themselves to Final 4.:dis:

9. BostonBengal

I guess Pokey is the only true coach we have....nobody ever questions her.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

More than anything poor execution lost this game. A fumbled snap, a muffed punt, a fumbled kickoff, an interception, and two tipped ball interceptions all aided in putting the game out of reach.