Miles record at LSU.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

But your arguement falls apart when you consider Miles beat the following:

Rankings at time of game:

#3 Ranked Bama @ Bama
    #12 Ranked Florida
    #15 Ranked Arizona State @ ASU
    #16 Ranked Auburn
    #9 Ranked Miami @ Peach Bowl

As for the rest of your list, Arkanasas, OleMiss, & MOOU are on our schedule every year as part of the SEC West.

2. charjenk

charjenk Freshman

:geauxtige

My thoughts exactly. And i think it would be best to go ahead and start looking for someone else but we won't until the program is in total disarray. We are stuck with him whether we like it are not.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

No program plays top 20 schools every week. Most programs have about 2 or 3 BIG contests a year, most SEC schools have 4 or 5.

Miles won loss record is comparable to Charlie Wies at ND, or Pete Carrolls, in terms of tough teams on the schedule, and he did have lots of quality wins last year.

I don't like what I see, with the mistakes, fumbles, 12 men on the field, running guys that are not producing, not trusting a freshman at running back (Meyer certainly trotted out a lot of true freshmen and trusted them).

But, we also have to look at the players. With JaMarcus big arm, maybe his decisions aren't that good, we were all concerned about the o-line, and they don't look that good, certainly not in run blocking, we don't have a star running back out there (or the coach won't put him in the game).

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

After a night to sober up and think about this game, here are my thoughts. We have been overrated for the last 1 1/2 year. Other than the BAMA game last year, no one on this offense has stepped up and made THE play the team needed to take a game. I know we scored late against ASU last year, but they had the ball last and were driving. It was more a case of them not making the play. Same thing happened against TEnn. they had the ball last and made the play they needed to win. We blow out lower tier teams, but in the big games, most of our wins are because the opponent didn't capitalize on our mistakes (see FLA game last year). Think about it. We turned it over 5 times against FLA last year, our D held them. Arky had a chance to beat us, but Dick threw a wounded duck downfield late in the game. Auburn choked away their chance to beat us. We never even showed up for the UGA game. We blew Miami out of the water, but now I'm beginning to question that win. Was it because we finally got a chance to rest and heal up? Was it because Flynn started? Maybe, and maybe. Or Maybe it was because Miami had already begun its freefall from the top shelf. Who knows. I know this much, we have a team full of playmakers who aren't stepping up in the most crucial moments of the biggest games. This goes all the way back to '04 at least. In the AU game that year, Early had a pass bounce of his chest into a defenders hand for the game sealing int. This year @ AU, Russel takes a sack he shouldn't have, completes a pass over the middle with 10 sec. remaining and no time-outs. Vincent ignorantly cathces that pass instead of batting it down. Then on the final play, Russel doesn't throw it into the end zone. Now for the FLA game yeasterday. A fumble on the snap @ the one yard line? You never know whether to blame the center or the QB, but either way this shouldn't happen. 2 of Russell's ints were off batted balls, both by Dwayne Bowe. I'll let him and JR slide on the first one, because Bowe took a shot that jarred the ball loose. But on the second one, they're both to blame. First JR threw it high and behind Bowe. But it was catchable and Bowe got BOTH hands on it. He didn't make the catch, and FLA was able to just kill the clock after that. What this team needs is a great big kick in the @$$. Somebody needs to step up when the lights are on. Somebody needs to put this team on their shoulders and carry them in the rough spots. Somebody needs to remind the country why we were ranked in the top ten. Somebody needs to just make a play when needed.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

We all know Bama was over-rated at that point. We barely scrapped out that game.

UF was a good team but they struggled all year in the new offense and were over-rated early b/c of the Urban, but they too threw that game away with TO's didn't they?

ASU was over-rated and a mediocre Pac-10 team, we know this too and LSU played terrible in that game and was lucky to win. Yes the Hurricane I believe had some effect too.

Auburn missed 5 FG's, that means they were in scoring position 5 times and the D held them out of the endzone but they did let them in FG range and fortunately they missed.

The Miami win is nothing special now. Miami appears now was over-rated and they are not a good team at all and Flynn won that game and had Miami on their heels. They were ready to play for this game but Miami was over matched.

The Tenn game was just as much Bo's fault as Les'/Jimbo's fault. The offense was terrible in the 2nd half and the D was just as bad when Bo decided to play prevent. At least Bo learns lessons where as Miles and Fisher don't.

The UGA game LSU was not ready at all. It was like today, just terrible.

So most of the wins in 2005 were nothing special and weren't as big a games as the big ones this year. I think the common denominator in these losses were QB play and coaching, especially on offense. Bo learned never to play prevent again. At least he isn't as stubborn as Les and Jimbo when they continue to run the ball up the middle when we are down by 3 scores in the 2nd half.

Somebody predicted at the start of the season on TV, that LSU could be the Tenn of 2006, where Tenn collapsed last year after a couple of big losses. I scoffed at the comment but now it seems more and more likely.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But they weren't. Quit being a baby.

USC could have easily won the Rose Bowl last year, too...but they didn't.

7. Perple

Perple Founding Member

"We all knew Bama was overrated"?? Nobody in the country thought we could win that game. Bama finished the season 10-2 & ranked #8. Miami not a Big win Now? So because they are not good in 2006, means our Bowl win means nothing? They were the #9 team in the country, and we destroyed them. The rest of what you've written are just excuses for why Auburn, Florida & ASU didn't win. Yes Auburn missed field goals & lost, as they should have.

8. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Just saying most of his wins came against bad teams. On the flip side of that against the top level SEC teams his record is 3-4.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm not so worried about the record, you will win some and lose some, I'm more interested in why the team does not play up to it's potential. Every coach is going to lose games coaching in the SEC, but when you have the talent LSU does you at least expect the team to show up and compete on a weekly basis. It disturbs me that the coaching staff wasn't able to get the team to focus and get back on track at half time. They didn't need to talk x's and o's, the absolute only thing the coaching staff needed to do at half time was pull the teams head out of it's a$$ and they didn't get the job done. The team completely fell to pieces and the coaching staff was completely unable to do anything about it.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Man, I am still bitter about the loss yesterday. But I can't blame the coaches for any of this. The second half was horrible because of two things:

1. Early fumbled the kickoff.
    2. Jamarcus was not good.

I don't know of any coaches that could have fixed this verbally at halftime. Unless.....a coach went with Flynn straight out halftime. Of course, since Early fumbled, we would have already been in the hole by the time Matt got the ball.