Miles or Saban? Honest Discussion

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tuckerman, Sep 28, 2009.

1. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

I live in TX and have to watch a lot of Big 12 ball. I remember when Miles was at Okie St. and shot his mouth off at OU about being the dominant program after beating them one year. Stoops came back the next time and laid 60 + on them. Miles has said similar things about Bama and Ar-Kansas. The guy is like a meathead who can't control his emotions and many times his teams play like it. Not to mention the bulletin board material he provides.

Saban makes my skin crawl but I gotta admit that he turned a bad Bama program around as fast as he did at LSU. They are obviously headed in the right direction, and us, who knows. So who is the better coach, honestly?

1 person likes this.
  2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

What bulletin board material, while at LSU, has he provided for other teams besides the R-Kansas crap?

Miles by a long shot. If I had a son going to play college ball, it wouldn't even be close.

3. acemic

acemic Founding Member

Miles

The players, to me ,never seemed to like Saban. No matter how much he got out of them

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Bammer alert.

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Roll Tide Tuckerman... Roll back to tidefans.com

E for effort though...

Oh to answer your question, there is more to being a quality coach and representing your university and yourself then X and O's
    Saban may be a better football coach, but for class, integrity and being a part of a program he loves. Give me Miles every day of the week.
    When it comes to those things such as Class, Honesty (Thats a big one for Saban), Integrity, Commitment... Saban is pretty much at the bottom of the D1 list of coaches.
    SO you Bammers enjoy your king Saban and his Championship game losses, and Bowl losses until Penn State comes calling, and keep pouring money into that account. good job on the extension. Keep him happy or he starts making phone calls. Hey dont take our word for it reach to Mich St fans, Miami Fans............, etc.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Miles and its not even close, i appreciate what Saban did while here, bringing a team back to life. But LSU was here long before Saban was, and while Nicky brought us back, we were here before Saban was. LSU made Nick Saban, not the other way around. If Nick would have handled his business while here, and not made his flight arrangements on the sideline during the Cap 1. game, maybe i would look at him in a different light.

The players love Les, the students love Les, and most of all Les loves LSU, and is not afraid to show it. And he also passed up more money to go home, because he had a job to do. If that isn't class, i don't know what is. I will stick behind this coach until the wheels fall off, and one day if he does decide to go elsewhere, i wish him nothing but luck, and he will always have a home in Baton Rouge. Saban, not so much, i don't think he should be allowed in the state of Louisiana.

2 people like this.
  7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

fyi. saban needs to do something at bama before you say they are back. "winning" the west doesnt mean anything unless you win the game. and lsu has never had an embarrassment under miles like the loss to Utah or ULM or even lsu's loss to uab under saban. comeback after he wins the SEC.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

2 very different coaches.

If only I could mold them both into 1.

9. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Great post - and I agree completely. Perfect? Les? No - but who is? He's a good man and there is more to being a great coach than the final score.

:geaux:

10. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Saban is the better coach. He's still building at Alabama, and the Tide are already way ahead of LSU, who has been coached by Miles for five years.

I don't dislike Miles, but as long as he stays at LSU, the Tigers will be just average.

Enjoy the #4 ranking you see this week. It's the last time in the Miles era the Tigers will be ranked so highly. :tigereye:

2 people like this.