Miles - "I'm going to be the coach at LSU next season."

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NJtiger, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Let it go, man...let it go.:lol: You're suffering from the disease that Tigerdro named "Sabanoia"...as is the media that's keeping this story alive.

1 person likes this.
  2. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

That disease has evolved and adapted to its new surroundings, it's called "Petrinoia" and it is more like a virus.:hihi:

3. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

if les miles knew that people were even remotely comparing him to petrino, i am sure without doubt that he would be terribly offended. i don't understand why people insist on miles being guilty of sabanesque and/or petrinoid qualities until he has exhibited such vile behavior.

give the man a break. he's busy and hopes you have a great day. oh wait...sorry, for a second there i though some of you worked for espn. :wave:

4. tigerhoss

tigerhoss Founding Member

I find this interesting. Who's fueling the fire??

"Here Les jump through this hoop. Ok there is a second part to the test, and it's another hoop. You see, those were just the two big hoops and they get smaller with part . . . Oh, you cleared that, huh? Well part three has two subdivisi . . . got that second hoop too? All right backstage somewhere we another obstacle . . . and on and on."

This bama boy is as bad as ESPN, where the ombudsman calls Herbstreit an "inexperienced reporter" who did not verify his source well, and then the network immediately resurrects the story.

Jim Rome then says Les needs to shut up so it will all go away and ten minutes later is saying "he needs to answer this." And then, well he answered it so he is a "liar." (ESPN's word, not mine).

I think Tide Guy has not grasped the difference between LSU and Alabama:

Alabama --> spots a snake, conspires with him to lie, and then revels in their 6-6 season and trip to Shreveport for the Independence Jamboree.

LSU --> sees the snake, slams the door on his ass as he leaves, hires an honorable coach, wins the SEC and goes to the National Championship Game.

Next week: Petrino to Bama, Saban to Ole Miss, and Nutt to, well, somewhere.

5. WolverineTX

WolverineTX Freshman

First thing that came to mind for me was the line from Ferris Bueller's Day off -- My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. :grin:

The situation hasn't been helped at all thanks to media goofs like Terry Foster from The Detroit News, who recently took it a step further by claiming a "secret meeting" took place.

The media in general seemingly took it upon themselves to crown Les Miles the future king of Michigan football even months before Carr's retirement was officially announced, and it's caused all sorts of silliness since then (to say the least). Fueled by a(nother) disappointing season, a vast number of fellow Michigan faithful have been so emotionally wed to the prospect of Miles taking the helm in Ann Arbor that the desire still persists, and to the point of sheer delusion. I'm continually surprised and disappointed by both the media spin and the behavior exhibited by a large contingent of our fan base. I'm sorry it's all cast such a persistent and unnecessary shadow.

Edited to add: I'd included a link to the aforementioned Foster blog at TDN, but I'm guessing it's not showing up due to my newbie status here. Just as well anyway since it's allegedly attributable to an unnamed source.

6. WolverineTX

WolverineTX Freshman

We'll get there. :)

The majority of our fans (and surely others) have likely come to expect an expeditious hire in the current landscape where quick turnover seems to be the norm -- but from the day Carr retired, our AD Bill Martin's comments pretty clearly indicated that we wouldn't be hiring a replacement at breakneck speed.

With the media and general public working on timetables completely of their own designs, this perceived "delay" has been misconstrued to mean all kinds of things. We're not in a situation where we've fired a HC or have to deal with uncertainty surrounding interim personnel, all while totally under the recruiting gun. We have a complete coaching staff in place.

IMO, we just have a more esoteric way of doing things with a bean-counter sitting in the boss' seat. :wink:

7. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

Yes you are correct, and WHILE jumping through ALL these hoops,to be sure the nation understands he REALLY is going to be the coach at LSU and this is his home, he'll also tend to the minor day to day business of trying to get some young men ready for a national championsip game.....NOT to mention, the mundane task of trying and keep those same young men under control so none of US see them out on Bourbon... giving ladies beads to "show me somethin' mista" and dowing 44ozers the night before that pesky game.....Cuz GOD knows if he doesn't win, they'll be a lynching to follow...but really, lets make sure he spends all his time reassuring the free world he really is LSUs coach...whats a little football game agaisnst tOSU in the big scheme of things??? No one really cares about that, do they? Let the man do his JOB!