Miles - "I'm going to be the coach at LSU next season."

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NJtiger, Dec 11, 2007.

1. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

How much more definitive can Miles be? It's time for Mich to move on. I guess some people won't leave this alone until Mich finds a coach.

I hope it's not hurting recruiting.

2. hawaiitigers

hawaiitigers Freshman

Once Miles hires his DC at LSU, then Les is a Lock at LSU!

Is the DC contract printed out yet?

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The only thing funnier than all the "analysts" on ESPN who lined up to call Miles a liar today, and accused him of being worse than Saban, are the people on TF who really want him gone, spin more than Herbstreit, and don't have the intestinal fortitude to admit that they were flat out WRONG.

Sadly predictable...

4. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

The man said he is staying. In three years at LSU I haven't seen any sign that he is not a man of his word. I know some are sure this is just not possible - that someone might actually tell the truth. But you know, my opinion of Les is that his word means something - he is a little old school in that regard. I understand that circumstances may change - but this old Tiger will take the word of one of the best HC's we have had.

Now Tiga, I know TF is open to all and we can all express our opinion and you are certainly entitled. If fact I really enjoy your insight on may subjects, but you and some others have beat this to death. You are starting to remind me of the guy on talk radio here in Memphis who has said from the day that LC retired that the UM contract with Miles is signed and all of the public pronouncements are false. He is a real Bama homer and was really upset when LSU beat them this year - he hates LSU.

Why you hate LSU so much I'll never know or understand. Please don't try that "reality" crap on me - and don't try to hide behind the "I just want LSU to be better", you simply don't like LSU. You ripped a post of mine in a previous thread when I talked about these being good days for LSU football, so in the spirt of being negative that you so heartly espouse - I hope the "suppa" wasn't very good and that it visits you often tonight and tommorrow.

2 people like this.
  5. mindy

mindy Founding Member

Who's to say when LC retired that he wasn't interested? He probably had some interest and all that went out the window when he got pissed about the Miles to Michigan "confirmation" hitting the TV the morning before a championship game.

He very angrily denied that he was going to Michigan before the SECCG. In the press conference after the game he denied it again! He even shared that his long time mentor pretty much told him that he most likely wouldn't be able to achieve the level of success at Michigan that he would at LSU.

Fast forward a week or so and he signs a contract extension, including benefits for his children!!!!
    What more could anyone REASONABLY ask him to do??? (keyword being resonably here)

The only opportunity he gave to any of us was the opportunity to listen to what he was saying and see what he was doing. He didn't risk anything. His players (contrary to some of our fans apparently) know and have known that he isn't going anywhere, and I highly doubt they are even remotely distracted by one phone call.

I think all you people who got your panties in a wad over one phone conversation after all that are absurb.

1 person likes this.
  6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

This is a relief. I still was nervous after the SECCG since he hadn't signed. Then I felt really good after he signed, knowing that he is a man of integrity. However, I still had just a very very slight gut feeling that it may not be over then after seeing the story early today about hims and UM talking, the doubt grew a little.

This news is great news. Well done Les for your integrity and living by your word unlike Petrino and Saban.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:lol: That is funny, you made me laugh out loud.

As far as beating it to death, hell, that's all I heard all afternoon on the news. Ever occur to you Miles could be handling things better to where he'd quit making the dang news?

I said I now believed he will stay, I also said I was wrong about him leaving if UM would offer and who would take his place, but I never said he wasn't a good coach- not that my opinion matters cause it doesn't.

I did, I even said I didn't blame him. See below:

Then why do you think he felt the need to hold a press conference a few hours before the Conference Championship? If they had been "Sure" he wouldn't have had to do that and he alluded to their concern- not that he needed to.

btw sugar, I don't wear panties. :wink:

2 people like this.
  8. mindy

mindy Founding Member

Could of fooled me...I've only ever see women whine this much...

If you read my earlier post in it's entirety then I would hope you would be able to understand that I was saying the players were most likely not concerned about this one phone call b/c they were actually listening to him the first time he said he wasn't going anywhere and the players also probably payed attention to the fact that he signed a contract extension as well.

4 people like this.
  9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Oh snap. She gotcha there tiga. :hihi:

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Shhh, be quiet dude.

Don't encourage her, she's doing well enough on her own. :hihi: