Miles - "I'm going to be the coach at LSU next season."

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by NJtiger, Dec 11, 2007.

1. alextuscaloosa

alextuscaloosa Founding Member

Exactly.

I question his judgement on this.

With all the news swirling around himself and Michigan why continue to fuel the fire. Send an email or a text message. At least if the email gets out theres no question what was said.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont understand the process, obviously.

we heard that UM asked skip for permission to talk to miles. skip said yes because it was miles' alma mater (i guess he would have refused anyone else?) all this stuff is professional courtesy so crap isnt done behind schools' backs.

wtf does all this professional courtesy crap have to do with miles giving a reference for someone!

i find it hard to believe that miles had to have skip's approval before recommending pelini to osbourne.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm sure Miles WAS one of their top candidates, but once he reported that he was staying here, I'm sure the conversation between Miles and Michigan was more along the lines of:

UM: "So, Les, you SURE you not interested??" *chuckle*

Les: *snickering* "No-no...I'm perfectly happy at LSU and I'm going to stay. You know you're gonna start all sorts of rumors again don't you?"

UM: "Yeaaaaaah. I know. Sorry about that but I just wanted to ask you about coach *such-and-such*...Speaking from your Michigan FAN side, what do you know about him and what do you think??"

1 person likes this.
  4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Faced.

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Thank goodness. I'm glad this info got out.

As a group, we reacted to this rumor MUCH better than the first go around.

I think many of us are pretty confident that we've got our man.

I bet this isn't the last time we hear it either..... until they get their new coach named.
    :crystal: :geaux: :crystal: :geaux: :crystal:

6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Jeez I am sick and tired of this! Espn wss just bashing miles this afternoon, so much I wanted to go through the tv and ring their necks!

Whether or not you are a miles supporter (I am) the things that have been said about him today were horrible and even worse HE HAD NOT DONE ANYTHING WRONG YET. You want to bash a guy hold your horses and wait for him to f up or something. I mean trust me he is going to make a questionable call next season for LSU (had to throw that one in there) and then you can get all your miles anger out espn! But until then understand he has done nothing to us to make us question his word and on tthe other hand you, espn, have done everything to make lsu fans question yours.

So all and all before espn starts casting stones at our coach, they need to take a look in the mirrior and decide whom the liar is.

Sorry for the rant but I sick to my stomach that he is having to continualy defend himself, this damn fine place, and his damn fine team!

Good luck Les!

2 people like this.
  7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

At the time they asked, they asked to interview him. Like Skip said today (I'm paraprasing here) "Sure, I gave them permission to talk to him a couple weeks ago. So they can call each other and BS all they want. I don't give a rat's arse. He's staying here."

8. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

Petrino HC at R-Kansas..

ESPN says Petrino is going to be new HC at R-kansas...

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm holding a lot in. :grin:

He made a "Questionable call" today. :lol:

When LC retired, had Miles said then, "I am not interested in the Michigan job, I will not be interested in it; me and my family are happy at LSU and I will be their coach this year and next year, possibly the year(s) after that", a lot of this would not be happening.

Now, he has been upfront about his feelings towards his Alma so I don't blame him if he wanted to "Wait" but I don't believe he was leaving it to chance that the UM job would still be open in January (At the time it became vacant). If he didn't have an affair- or at least a one night fling- (Figuratively speaking, in relation to UM) either directly or through his agent, I'd be VERY surprised.

And before someone says they both stated they "Hadn't talked to Michigan" that doesn't clear them cause if today, I say I haven't talked to Nutria, that would be true cause the assumption is "Lately", though, Nutria and have spoken on the phone several times in the past and not that long ago.

Maybe he meant well in making a phone call to help "His" school but right now, he should be avoiding the dam thing and not give people any opportunity to speculate. I also recognize he's entitled to a private life and has the right to pick up a phone and call whomever he likes but we know how things work and I would not risk it with a NC Game in the wings (Like LVT would say).

Coach Miles, keep your nose in our business, you have your hands full. You can fly out to UM and help them after January 7th but don't screw this up for our team.

I do, now, think he is staying, fwiw.

Thank you........havah guday. I have my supper, a DAM GOOD suppa, waiting.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Well since I was the poster child for paranoia this morning, I expected a double barrelled assault. :lol:

Thank you :miles: and my cardiologist thanks you.

Now, go get the Tigers prepared to whip the Buckeyes asses. :thumb: