Mike Leach for LSU offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I agree, I wouldn't want Leach either, but a disciple of his would be a solid.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He sued them because he is a lawyer and that is what lawyers do, especially when they are put in a hucklebuck the way texas tech did him. Look, Vince Gill... er I mean the pirate is a walking anomaly. He is crazy beyond comprehension but at the same time extremely intelligent. That James kid is a walking talking vagina and needed his ass handed to him. Too bad he had to go and cry to daddy because that mean ol coach wouldn't let him play. Leach may end up owning that school who knows but I don't fault him for taking action.

As for his offense. It isn't what it is made out to be. He readily admits they only had about 8 plays that they ran over and over at tech. They ran them out of different formations but still the same play. Works great against lesser quality opponents but it would take about 2 possessions for an SEC defense to figure it out and shut it down.

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Assuming we did land Leach, which we won't - thank God. He would come in with a new offense, stay two years max before moving on to a HC job, and then the offense would have to learn a new offense again. I prefer continuity. Select a OC who will be here for more than 2-3 years.

4. aztiger

aztiger Missing Crawfish & LSU

NO ON LEACH.

5. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

He sued his former employer for wrongful termination. If you get fired for no good reason, which is how he felt, wouldn't you want some justice?

6. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Ah because he was screwed out of his compensation and unjustly terminated? Unless your planning the pull the same thing why would you care?

Yeah, rule one of the back woods Louisiana handbook of bad business decisions.

1 person likes this.
  7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ok, how 'bout that he just wouldn't be a good fit here? IIRC correctly TT started out hot, but couldn't do sh!t after OM made adjustments. They were up 14-0 and got outscored 47-20 after that. Bottom line, Leache's offense does not work against elite teams.

8. gladishh95

gladishh95 Veteran Member

thats exactly what i was gonna say... yea he has a great offensive mind but this is not the time for him right now....

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

yeah and what's going to happen when he is fired from LSU??? Going to sue LSU too? It doesn't matter why he sued them. He has a J.D. from Pepperdine Law School too by the way.

Thanks but no thanks.

10. BP

BP Founding Member

Other than the fact that he runs the exact opposite type of offense to what Miles has many times said he wants, is extremely egotistical when Miles likes people who are "team players," has absolutely no ties to Miles, LSU, Louisiana (and not sure, but I think few to East Texas), has a reputation as a loud mouth bully who makes uncouth statemtments ("fat girlfriends), and comes with legal baggage (rightly or not), definitely seems like the best fit we can get.