Mike Leach for LSU offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jan 2, 2010.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think that Spurrier as the QB coach would be a whole lot more effective than Leach as the Offensive Coordinator !!

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At LSU Leach would have far more talented running backs than hea was able to recruit at TT. We would have that awesome passing attack balanced with a competent running game.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the story i saw on ESPN showed a picture of something about the size of a one car garage. maybe even a little bigger than that.

and i mean like a real sized car, not one that would fit in an 8 x 8 room.

Leach's attorney was on the program.
    the kid was put into this garage thing.
    It happened. They have admitted it happened.

4. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Mainly because, like the PSU guy said, no matter what happens in his litigation with TT, he's going to be offered a HC job somewhere. Becoming an OC is a step down for a guy who can be a HC at many other places. In other words, ain't gonna happen nor do I want it to happen. LSU already has a difficult time as it is playing as a team; last thing they need is a polarizing guy like that in the mix.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No matter what, he will not be the coach at Texas Tech. His suit is only about the money he feels TT owes him. As such, I don't think this it would prevent him from taking another job. He has the right to seek gainful employment after being terminated.

That said, I'm not sure I want him as OC. Sure, his offenses put up numbers and stats, his teams are not that great when facing elite defenses, like he would week in, week out in the SEC. Remember the Cotton Bowl last year? Ole Miss basically shut them down.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

correct.
    however, odds are that in his suit, he will claim that this gives him a bad name and hinders his ability to get another job making the kind of money he's accustomed to.

so taking a new job making that kinda cash would hurt his argument in the law suit.

7. JesusIsKing

JesusIsKing Freshman

Agreed with many of you. Leach is way too good of a coach to be an offensive coordinator. Some might argue he is better then most in the SEC. I would like to see his offensive here. I live in Texas and if you can get a Tech offense with an LSU defense, we are talking DYNASTY

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

When Leach is being interviewed close your eyes and tell me he doesn't sound exactly, I mean exactly like Bobby Knight.

That's scary he's got him down like that. I think that might explain some of the PR issues he's been struggling with lately. He has seriously patterned his coaching style and persona after Knight.

I doubt Bobby cares much for his defense thou.

9. seanwalters1

seanwalters1 Freshman

I would love to have a Mike Leach offense if it was any other conference but the sec. We see this every year and just saw it Monday night. The spread offense, read option, and all the other gimic offenses just don't work down here. Mike Leach showed you that when they played Ole Miss in that bowl. What was the score of that game again? It wasnt even close and that offense that put up all those yards and points all year was awful in that game. Florida is the only one that had success with it and that was only because of Tebo. Auburn ran a lot of read option this year but they had Newton the same type of player as Tebo. As soon as Tebo left the Florida offense went to shi# and Auburn will deal with the same thing as soon as Cam is gone. The only way it works down here is with that type of QB and I don't see how you could rely on getting that type of player every year. We need an OC that runs what Miles wants to run like it or not. Miles is gonna have his hands all over it so we need someone that will at least want to run the same plays as Miles or Miles is just gonna veto the plays when they come in. If you think Miles is ever gonna allow us to throw the ball 75% of the time like Leach does your dreaming. He's allways gonna run, run, pass and nothings gonna change that. It would probably come to blows if him and Leach were ever coaching the same team. Like I said it's a nice fantasy but I don't think it could ever work in reality. No disrespect just the way I see it.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I haven't read this whole thread, so I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but I may be in the minority when I say PLEASE GOD NO to Mike Leach. His offense will not work in the SEC (I know, we said the same thing about C.U.M.'s when he took over at FU). Ole Miss was able to shut it down in a bowl game they played a few years ago and that was when they had that bad a$$ QB (can't remember his name) and Michael Crabtree.

Plus, Leach is a nutcase. I can't see him and Miles working well together. HELL NO to Mike Leach! I'd ALMOST rather keep Crowton. (I said ALMOST)