Mike Leach for LSU offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

As far as his legal issues go..from what I have read and listened to this is a case of a parent having to much pull and getting put in his place by the head coach.

I'm not sure I would want him as a coordinator it would mean the end of an identity for LSU....he does not like to run the ball very much. But boy would that be a clash Miles BIG 10 run it up the gut style and Leach Air it out early and often.....wow I can see the sparks now.

Just playing what if here...BUT IF LSU was to entertain him as an option I think the only way they could get him to take a step down is to give him a Jimbo deal...to where when Miles is done at LSU Leach becomes the head coach..I think that would be the only way he does not except a HC job!

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i am just not fond of those deals anywhere. while it may seem like a good idea at the moment, things can change so much that when the time gets there, it isnt and you are stuck with it.

i am just not a fan of the "heir apparent" trend in both football and basketball.

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Leach has been criticized for an unbalanced offense, without a creditable running game to go with his fantastic passing attack. Then when he gets in a championship game, or anyone with a great defense, they stop the pass and TT can't run when they need it. If I remember right, Bama took them apart in the cotton bowl a few years ago, and that was a Shula coached team, the one that got him his contract extension the year before they fired him. Joe Kines was the DC, then Kines went to Tx. A&M as DC after Shula was fired, and Kines announced his retirement last week. That's just some extraneous langiappe.

Be careful what you wish for, I don't want Leach for OC. I don't think his offense would play well in the SEC.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The odds on Leach being named OC are somewhere between slim and none.

5. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

+1

Nothing should be a given. Hopefully that includes the Gonzales hire!

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

well, considering neither Leach nor his attorney have denied it, and his attorney even went as far as to give ESPN camera crews a tour of the garage, I got a pretty good hunch it happened.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'd say Mike Leach for head coach if he wasn't such a whack job.

8. BetaTiger

BetaTiger Freshman

Both Leach and his attorney have denied that "it" happened. There was no lock. There was no "shed". There was no "electrical closet". Anyone who saw Leach's attorney on the tour of the equipment garage and the media room knows all of this. The tour itself was a denial.

ESPN however still LIES about the "shed" by showing pictures of an 8'X8' shed when talking about the incident.

"Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell."

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i did watch it.
    i also saw the kid's video. neither was an 8 x 8 shed.

and also, Leach and his attorney gave a reason for doing what you claim he denied.
    They did it because the kid was spoiled and didn't work hard.

And yes, I heard that directly from the attorney's mouth.

The incident happened.
    the team's doctor, Leach, Leach's attorney, other players, all say it happened.

the details around why, and stuff like that are still being debated, but the fact of the matter is Leach sent a kid into this garage looking thing with no lights.

10. BetaTiger

BetaTiger Freshman

When ESPN talks about the "shed" incident and shows a picture of an 8'X8' shed while discussing it. It is a LIE. "It" did not happen. When ESPN talks about the James kid being put in an "electrical closet", "it" did not happen. Those who claim to have seen the video showing a tour of the very large equipment garage with its air conditioning and ice machine. And those who claim to have seen the video of the Media room who still say that "it" happened, are lying as much as ESPN is.

Don't tell me that ESPN didn't show a picture of an 8'X8' shed in their story yesterday. I saw it. And this was 2 days after I saw (on a different station than ESPN) the tour of the real facility where the kid was. Don't tell me that those at ESPN hadn't seen the real facility. They knew, and they continued to call it a shed and show pictures of the 8'X8' for days after they knew. That my friend is called lying. No, "it" didn't happen. No one was locked in a shed. NO LOCK. NO SHED. NO TRUTH.