Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

so he wasn’t fired for always going 10-3 but he was fired for always going 10-3?

um, Ok.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't think Oeaux would get the job after going 6-2. Should have known Alleva was not capable of actually hiring a big name coach. Still, it was time to move on. Like the rest of the fanbase I have no say whatsoever about any of those decisions. But, like it or not Oeaux is the coach and I'm not going to start calling for his head until I see how the rest of the season turns out.

TheRealist and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Let's assume for the sake of discussion that we finish the year 6 & 6 and Alleva fires O. Do you think LSU will be able to attract a "name" coach under those circumstances?

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

too early to tell.
    gonna depend a lot on what other jobs are open, who is “available”, and what that 6-6 looks like.

if it’s blatantly obvious that O (and by extension Alleva) were cancers killing us slowly, it would be easier to attract someone else.

the national media already ridiculing Alleva openly for hiring O as well as laughing that O is still O, probably helps a little.
    just like the media bashing us for dumping Les probably hurt us a little.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hypothetically, Joe and Oeaux would find themselves in the unemployment line at the same time. At any rate he won't get the ax this year. To answer your question the replacement for ArchHallNardo turned out to be Nick Saban. There is a lot at LSU to attract a top notch coach if the money is right and the AD is not a moron.

ParadiseiNC, Pjoe and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

correct. but you still gotta find the next Saban.
    he was still considered an up and comer when we hired him.
    he was well respected when he came here, but i don’t think anyone necessarily expected him to become one of the best to ever coach.

7. COTiger

Nick stayed long enough to pad his resume and be a prime candidate for the Bama job. If I was the LSU president Alleva would be gone at the end of the season. It's overdue.

TheRealist and Pjoe like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You don't know who the LSU president is do you. F King needs to be ridden out of Baton Rouge on a rail after being tarred and feathered.

TheRealist and Pjoe like this.
  9. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Im just sayin........

He was fired because his inept offense was only capable of going 10-3. So sure, if it helps you sleep at night that he was fired for going 10-3 then he was fired for only going 10-3.

You're upset with the wrong people. Like we had a say in the firing of Coach Miles or the hiring of Coach O. You need a snickers

ParadiseiNC and diamondheadtiger like this.
  10. COTiger

Did he hire Joe? If he did then I agree with you. But he needs to fire Joe first.

GiantDuckFan likes this.