Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

2012 he went 10-3
    2013 he went 10-3
    2105 he went 9-3 (McNeese would have been 10)

that’s not trending anywhere.
    it’s staying exactly the same.

that’s staring with the season immediately after 1/9/12. when everyone said it was a steady spiral since.

no it wasn’t.
    we sagnated. wasn’t moving forward any more. that’s why he needed to be replaced.
    but we wasn’t moving backwards either.

we just wasn’t moving at all.

as far as what Miles would have done if he was allowed to finish 2016: i can show stats from 2015 against a similar level of competition that O faced in ‘16 that show results were eerily similar.

Les got canned for those results.
    O got a fat raise and huge buyout.

so if you feel Les needed to go at the end of 2015 (which i did), then logic tells you that O getting nearly identical results in ‘16 should not have been good enough to land the full time job.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

if record alone was all that mattered, then why fire Miles?

Oh, that’s right, HOW we arrived at that record was the kicker.

so let’s review those 2 losses shall we?

Mississippi State made us drop trou so they could spank our bare asses on national tv. and all we did in return was say “thank you sir, may i have another?”

then Troy handed us our first ever loss to a Sunbelt team by out-physicalling us and pushing us around like little bitches.

Hell, at least when Les got pushed around, it was by Bama. not by the 4th best team in the state of Alabama.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Exactly! Let us not forget......It was time for Les to go ONLY due to his own stubbornness. If he would have innovated his offensive scheme and allowed a modern day OC to bring LSU's offense into this century, he would still be our HC right now. After seeing Alleva with his hand up O's ass, its obvious CLM told him to kick rocks when he stuck his nose in the football programs business and rightfully so. Its more obvious and agreed upon that Alleva needs to be fired than it was that Les needed to be fired.

Les wasn't fired due to stagnant 10-3 seasons. He was fired because he refused to change and 10-3 was probably as good as we were going to get (which wasn't good enough).

TheRealist, stevescookin and Pjoe like this.
  4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

so he wasn’t fired for always going 10-3 but he was fired for always going 10-3?

um, Ok.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I didn't think Oeaux would get the job after going 6-2. Should have known Alleva was not capable of actually hiring a big name coach. Still, it was time to move on. Like the rest of the fanbase I have no say whatsoever about any of those decisions. But, like it or not Oeaux is the coach and I'm not going to start calling for his head until I see how the rest of the season turns out.

TheRealist and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Let's assume for the sake of discussion that we finish the year 6 & 6 and Alleva fires O. Do you think LSU will be able to attract a "name" coach under those circumstances?

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

too early to tell.
    gonna depend a lot on what other jobs are open, who is “available”, and what that 6-6 looks like.

if it’s blatantly obvious that O (and by extension Alleva) were cancers killing us slowly, it would be easier to attract someone else.

the national media already ridiculing Alleva openly for hiring O as well as laughing that O is still O, probably helps a little.
    just like the media bashing us for dumping Les probably hurt us a little.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Hypothetically, Joe and Oeaux would find themselves in the unemployment line at the same time. At any rate he won't get the ax this year. To answer your question the replacement for ArchHallNardo turned out to be Nick Saban. There is a lot at LSU to attract a top notch coach if the money is right and the AD is not a moron.

ParadiseiNC, Pjoe and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

correct. but you still gotta find the next Saban.
    he was still considered an up and comer when we hired him.
    he was well respected when he came here, but i don’t think anyone necessarily expected him to become one of the best to ever coach.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Nick stayed long enough to pad his resume and be a prime candidate for the Bama job. If I was the LSU president Alleva would be gone at the end of the season. It's overdue.

TheRealist and Pjoe like this.