Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. tigahfromhell

tigahfromhell Veteran Member

I listened. Right now, the whole deal between Alleva and the football program is awkward. It is going to take a while to correct this. I know that Miles had to go. I am thinking that if we had waited until near the end of the season to have done the deed, it might have been easier to find a quality coach. Joe Alleva does not need to be the one doing the next FB HC search. Meanwhile, we have Ed O and I will try to support him until another change is made. Hopefully, folks will use a little more sense in the next coaching search, hire a search firm, and not saddle the new HC with the previous HC's coordinators. Nothing against Aranda, but a new HC should be able to bring his own people in if he chooses to do so.

2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

For once I agree with Tap .......wait did I just say that?

We really don't know what Les would have done if not fired, but I think it's pretty safe to say from his history that he may have done as good as O. Other than Bama we really didn't play anybody worth a damn and Les could have got enough out of the team to win out.

I'm with everyone on Les' timetable but only Joe would throw out a pair of worn shoes only to replace them with one that's full of holes. We had new shoes in our sights and we should have made it impossible for them to be worn by other feet.

TigerTap and TheRealist like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I was clearly in the "How in da phuck did this happen" camp dumb dumb. You couldn't get your head out of your ass long enough to see it though. Its okay. After it was done there is nothing you can do but hope for the best. Well, thats all we could do. You of course are another story. Don't forget your helmet, rough world out there

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A continuing history is not something that remains static. Sure, Les was at 80%, uh, 78%, uh, 77%. His winning percentage was built up over his first 7 seasons and after that starting trending downward year after year. Who can tell if he would have righted the ship enough to do as well as Oeaux last year. For one thing he wouldn't have fired Cam and put Ensminger in the OC slot. He probably would have won the games against bad teams but by much closer scores, He would have lost to Alabama and who knows what would have happened vs Florida. Guice might not have run the wrong way but Les might have made that point moot with one of his infamous clock management errors. Not saying that Oeaux was the best they could have done but it was clearly time for Les to go. It's a shame that he was too stubborn to see his errors and rectify them. He might still be the coach.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

6. Pjoe

I'm pretty sure @shane0911 has indicated he was with most of us. Wanted Les gone, hire a better coach, did not think O was the guy, but obligated to support him since it was already done. But like the rest of us does not hold back to call him the dumb ass we all thought he was, when he puts that shit-show on the field each week.

Not sure where you are going with the noncommittal stuff.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  7. Pjoe

I agree, just stating that O record as interim did not solidify him as the second coming. We just don't know what would have happened. It may have been Miles first losing season we just don't know. This was a botched hire, as of now, and there is no way to hide it.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

9. Pjoe

65Grad, TheRealist and stevescookin like this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

So you think a 4 & 2 record is a shit show? I doubt that Webster's contains the words you would use to describe a 3 & 3 record.