Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I like grapes.

2. Don Castavez

Nuclear Hell - I saw them at the Chimes in ‘86

kcal likes this.
  3. Don Castavez

You make a good point. If indeed true then the program currently is in essence a brand new car with the ‘engine light’ on .

4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Alleva didn’t get played by anybody.
    Alleva played US.

Joe “I am the Search” Alleva told everyone that we were going to hire the best coach on the market. and that money wasn’t going to be the reason we didn’t get our guy.

It was widely assumed that it would cost us somewhere around $6-$7 mil a year (for probably around 5 years) to land our guy.

Jimbo is still below that number.
    Herman is still below that number.

So if they played Alleva, why are both of them still not making the money LSU was expecting to fork out?

If money was not going to be the reason, then why did we settle on a career position coach?
    why is our HC the lowest paid guy in the SEC West?

the answer to all of the above is Joe fucking Alleva.

we’re currently paying half what we were expected to pay a head coach.
    none of the reported candidates are making are making as much as we were expecting to pay.

Alleva played us.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Can somebody get this guy a paper bag? He’s hyperventilating over here.

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

not at all.
    just calling it like i see it.

Joe Alleva is the cancer thats killing our program.

TigerTap, kcal and shane0911 like this.
  7. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

Stinks the high heaven @Nutriaitch !!!!

Looks like the good ole boy club is back. All the work Saban did to squash that culture and look where we are, it's like the scriptures say "the dog has returned to his vomit"

Not sure I buy the whole conspiracy from the beginning but it sure looks like O & Alleva made the most of the opportunity in front of them. I wouldn't piss on Joe if he was on fire!

On a positive note I sure hope we come out strong this weekend, I watched some of AU this year and that offense is clicking. Their run game springs everything for them so our D will have to be disciplined and contain that backfield.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Actually, I think he is spot on

kcal and Pjoe like this.
  9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

If LSU would’ve lost big to FU I’d be right there with you. I’m fine with firing Alleva, but if O turns the season around and turns out to be a success, maybe Alleva deserves to stay on. I was on board to fire everybody after Troy, but we aren’t as bad as we looked that night. Of course, FU sucks, so I might be coming around again after AU.

10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I hope O would succeed but as of now he is having a rough start and if the rumors are true, then Joe needs to go. His incompetence is hurting us in a way that will take years to fix. I think what has everybody so up in arms is that we didn't support a Miles firing to get what we have now. It's pretty obvious that Alleva wants to coach a football team but he needs to do it somewhere else. He can't coach by proxy thru O because you have seen the results so far. This team has gone from being a few tweaks away from relevant to a cluster fuck overnight! This has Alleva's name all over it. He was a failure at Duke and he is a failure here and before you start pointing out our success with him at the helm, we won in spite of him not because of him. Our coaches kept him at bay long enough to be successful, but now that his puppet is at the helm we are tanking!

The clown show he put on with Les is enough to fire him in my book. There was nothing professional or anything to bring pride to LSU the way he handled that.