Might be worth a listen

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 11, 2017.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

What's your point?

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He was trying to prove that O is not the guy for the job

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I knew that before I listened, of course. Endless sour grapes. Here's my take: Orgeron might not be the best man for the job, but it was well beyond time for Les to go.

As for the points made in the podcast, it was clear watching Florida that Canada, not Orgeron, was calling the offense.... and thank god for that. So, whatever the tone of that post-Troy meeting might have taken, any admonition delivered by Alleva to Orgeron apparently worked. Point in Alleva's favor, but Mr. Landry is correct: in the long run we want a head coach with a bit more authority who commands respect from his position... so Alleva has to take some blame there for having to personally intercede into a program he himself structured just a few months ago.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    stevescookin likes this.
  5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

it was definitely time to move on from Les.
    But if the absolute best replacement you can get is Ed freaking Orgeron, you’re better off not even making a change.

in reality, the best move is to get rid of Alleva first, THEN make let a competent AD make the coaching change.

the right hire and we never miss a kick and only geaux up from where we were (or stay roughly equal at worst).
    a hire like Ed can sink you into the darkest pits of Curley territory. then you’ll need an all-time great hire to truly resurrect you again.

Pjoe, Winston1, HalloweenRun and 2 others like this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Sorry, but I don't agree. Les left this team thread bare in both offense and defensive lines and at linebacker. Can't win with a team overloaded with defensive backs. I think we'd be 4-2 with Les as well.... losses to MSU and Florida.

lsu-i-like and Brian like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He was also pointing out how his buddy Joe just neutered him in front of both of his coordinators. Truly was a bullshit move and now that we know what the meeting was about I agree

8. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

I think you should go look at the team roster and then list the ones who left after O took over

Pjoe and kcal like this.
  9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

O got handed a bucket of chicken shit and is trying to make chicken salad out of it. It ain't going to happen over night folks. I know some of you expecting the second coming of Vince Lombardi will find that difficult to grasp.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    lsu-i-like and 65Grad like this.
  10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i'd settle for the second coming of any competent coach. ed is in over his head......way over. hopefully the fla. game will be a step in the right direction. I saw some positives and hope for all of our sakes (and his too) that the entire staff is operating on the same wavelength.

so where do you rank ed in the sec coaches order?

Pjoe likes this.