Midsummer Ponder

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Memo to all the naysayers who are expecting/ hoping Bebe' to fail: Nobody else wanted to come here. Alleva who again was so lucky he seems to have a horseshoe up his ass hired O because yeah he seems 'a great fit' but also because Jimbo said no and Herman jerked him like he was a sailor on leave in a Havana whorehouse.
    Ponder this - what IF O wasn't 'a great fit'? What would the silver fox have been able to do? He doesn't know dick about hiring coaches ( I.e. Trent Johnson, Johnny Jones).
    Probably best those of you with Coach O voodoo dolls put your needles away. He needs to succeed. Options under current AD SEVERELY limited.

watson1880 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am so ready for some football

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you ready for some Oeauxball

BAY0U BENGAL and Don Castavez like this.
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Yup!

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I can't remember who the names were, but you're right. I remember thinking when O was hired that we had a good temporary coach if Miles were to get fired. I'm sure Alleva and his big ass nose would have botched it somehow.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't recall people on here "expecting" him to fail. Maybe some are not 100% sold on him but not anti-O.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Except for taint who is hoping he goes 0-12.

8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I can't understand how any TRUE fan would hope for a coach or team to fail, just because the players or coach is not who they would pick. The only thing I worry about would be sanctions due to the pressure to win. Hope O has left all that behind. We enjoyed a clean program under Les and I hope it stays that way. Its just too hard to overcome a penalty by the college overlords (NCAA).

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

The few things that give me hope with O...
    He said that he has learned from his biggest mistake at Ole Miss which was trying to be everything instead of a team leader.
    He seems like he is willing to let go and let his coordinators do their jobs.
    Most important for me is how he talked about how the team has had talent on the roster for years but it was poorly structured... too many of one position, not enough of another, etc.

Pjoe and LSUTiga like this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's not entirely true. People were frustrated with Miles cause they/we felt he handcuffed our offense, mainly- and he did. Players have even said as much and they have said other things being practice-spoilt. Just looking at the LSU players in the NFL says it's not out of the question that- as good as we were- we could've accomplished more.

2011 NC Title game was very telling of his hard-headedness and/or lack of ability to allow or adjust, himself.

Not related to above, necessaeprily, but Bama players have even commented in the silliness of things we did - rather, TRIED to do- and how predictable we were. I remember seeing RP run out on the field and the crowd yelling what play was coming and thinking SURELY he will deviate THIS time but, nope for the dope.