Midsummer Ponder

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Memo to all the naysayers who are expecting/ hoping Bebe' to fail: Nobody else wanted to come here. Alleva who again was so lucky he seems to have a horseshoe up his ass hired O because yeah he seems 'a great fit' but also because Jimbo said no and Herman jerked him like he was a sailor on leave in a Havana whorehouse.
    Ponder this - what IF O wasn't 'a great fit'? What would the silver fox have been able to do? He doesn't know dick about hiring coaches ( I.e. Trent Johnson, Johnny Jones).
    Probably best those of you with Coach O voodoo dolls put your needles away. He needs to succeed. Options under current AD SEVERELY limited.

watson1880 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I am so ready for some football

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you ready for some Oeauxball

BAY0U BENGAL and Don Castavez like this.
  4. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Yup!

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I can't remember who the names were, but you're right. I remember thinking when O was hired that we had a good temporary coach if Miles were to get fired. I'm sure Alleva and his big ass nose would have botched it somehow.

6. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't recall people on here "expecting" him to fail. Maybe some are not 100% sold on him but not anti-O.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Except for taint who is hoping he goes 0-12.

8. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I can't understand how any TRUE fan would hope for a coach or team to fail, just because the players or coach is not who they would pick. The only thing I worry about would be sanctions due to the pressure to win. Hope O has left all that behind. We enjoyed a clean program under Les and I hope it stays that way. Its just too hard to overcome a penalty by the college overlords (NCAA).

9. TigerTap

TigerTap i see a little silhouetto of a finch

Hey Bennie, I already said O should go 5-0 to start season, with that schedule.

Orgeron is the product of Joe Alleva's hiring. If you want to be Alleva's lap dog, be my guest. Many LSU fans did not & still do not like this hire. At all..

Ever wonder why Bammer @terrryp defends O so much? Free wins for his teams.. Dave Aranda is still here..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap i see a little silhouetto of a finch

It's what happened for 11 years on this board while Big Les was coaching here.

The excuse was: "I'm pulling for the team., not the coach". Generally followed by: "It's not mutually exclusive, ya know".