Michael Jackson Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Cajun Sensation, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This morning Walton and Johnson played a song that's already been recorded about the death of MJ. Didn't catch the artist, but it was a profanity-laced rap aimed at the media, using the word hypocrites repeatedly. The message: why do you love him now that he's dead, when just a week ago, he was good to you for nothing but the crude joke of the day?

I'd give him rep points if he were on TF

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i always thought jackson was basically a media created fraud.

anyways, i was trying to think of celebtries that when/if they die, i am actually kinda sad, purely because i feel like i will miss out on whatever they were gonna entertain me with in the future.

now clearly michael jackson was done and has not done anything non-creepy and psycho for 20+ years. so no big loss for us, the entertainment consumer.

if i had been alive when jimi hendrix died, i would have been genuinely kinda sad that i wouldnt get to hear anymore awesome albums.

when mitch hedburg died i was mildly sad that i wouldnt hear anymore of his awesome jokes.

when peter gammons had a stroke i was worried he wouldnt do anymore awesome baseball reporting. love that guy.

here are some celebrities that, if they died, it would kinda suck:

bill murray
    shaq (every interview is gold)
    ricky gervais or stephen merchant or karl pilkington
    shamwow vince

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

YouTube - Michael Jackson is Dead

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Sounds like he is doing just like the media and getting in on the MJ bonanza before it's over. How many songs did he have defending Jackson before he was dead?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

beats me dude, i dont think the media are very hypocritical about it. they always are nice to dead folks. they give us what we want.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

R.I.P. one of the greatest comics of all time, also Bill Hicks.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Media created fraud?

The guy was a huge talent and to deny that is just dishonest at best.
    He didnt just come out of nowhere onto the scene.
    This is a guy who a couple of generations literally saw grow up before their eyes.

From 1960's to 1989, he was pretty much on top of the pop world.
    Its later in life he decided to freak out and play with kids inappropiately. And become totally crazy and criminal.
    Get a grip, media created, thats a laugh.
    You should be a journalist for the sensationalism and plagarism you are practicing.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I was genuinely sad when Bradley Nowell of Sublime died knowing that I'd never get to see him play live and that he'd never drop new music. When Chris Farley died....I was sad b/c I really really loved his comedy skits and I wanted to continue to laugh at him. I was also disappointed when Shannon Hoon died. Wasn't exactly thrilled with the death of Marquis Hill either to say the least.

Today, I supposed I'd be upset if David Letterman died. The death of most athletes would probably upset me (especially the likes of Shaq, LeBron, Kobe, Manny Ramirez, Jose Reyes, Drew Brees, etc). I hope the lead singer of Kings of Leon lives a nice long life....I think they can and absolutely will withstand the test of time. I would hate to see any of the members of 3 Doors Down die (not so much b/c I like their music, but because I know Brad and Todd pretty well). I also would be upset if Anderson Cooper, Barack Obama, Maynard James Keenan, Danny Carey, Les Miles, Al Michaels, Scott Van Pelt, Pope Benedict, Jay Z, Adam Yauch, Michael Diamond, Adam Horavitz, Colin Cowherd or Rival's Radio's Bill King died.

I'm sure there are other high profile people's deaths that would upset me, but those are the one's that would probably affect me the most mostly b/c they play a small part in my everyday life.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man, rest in peace brad, marquis, and shannon, dont forget layne staley!

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd be happy if no one died, ever again.

oh and that song sucked. I'm dumber for having listened to it. Sort of like the same feeling after seeing that hurricane cris thing.