News Michael Divinity no longer on team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Compliance again fucking us. The timing is unacceptable.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

If he’s not fully committed then he doesn’t need to be on the field. Better for him to get his life straight and have a hungry youngster in his spot. As far as the timing I’d rather have another guy prepping for Saturday than have him just going thru the motions. Good luck to you, MD!

furduknfish and ehusson80 like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You bail out your nephson yet? He aint built for prison.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#wastedresponseeffort

KyleK likes this.
  5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think Aranda has been excellent in his time here at LSU. However, for whatever reason, this year I also find myself feeling his job has been underwhelming this year. I'm not sure what the issue is with the DL, we've recruited at a fairly high level there. Not sure if it's the evaluation, coaching them up, or the kids have maxed out? The tackling, schemes, and lack of adjustments are what bother me. He needs an entire half of football to finally make adjustments. He was dumbfounded against Texas.

As for the OL, they just lack talent there. Let's be honest, Charles is not a premier LT, he should be on the R. Deculus should be a G, he's not quick enough to play the T. The talent just isn't there. LSU has to put more emphasis on recruiting the OL.

furduknfish and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

It's the new offense, by its very nature keeps the defense on the field much more. Therefore there is much more opportunity for mistakes. Ours past great defenses may have also been helped and hurt by the nature of the old grind it out possession offense. When we scored it took 10 minutes and gave the defense a huge break. Now its TD\FG in less than a few minutes most drives. We are almost always beaten on time of possession now. I think this whole Aranda under performing is probably not true, just a symptom of this great offense we have.

Maybe next year we have a bit more run heavy offense with a new QB and some great RBs. We might see it swing back the other way, I hope not. I prefer this air raid offense way more. Its just fun.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I shall counter with too many times the opponents first drive gashes our D for chunks and many times scores. The norm is the first few possessions of our opponents end up going backwards.

I get the theory of the fast offense keeps the defense on the field more but there is much more to the problems than that. What it is can be debated but something is definitely wrong.

ThePhenom74 and LSUTiga like this.
  9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Valid point, but we have played some pretty good teams too and some of that could be youth. I don't remember every first drive by heart, but I seem to remember a bunch of them had big plays or penalties that helped as well. It is pretty normal that the scripted first few drives works well at times in the NFL, wonder if that is the same now for us. Then adjustments are made and things move towards who has the better athletes. IDK the real reasons, we look shut down at times and others it looks like we have a horrible defense. Its probably all of the above.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The Utah St game comes to mind. They ripped us up early and often, hell they had the lead more than once in the 1st half if I'm not mistaken.

Could be effort, just not caring enough because they "know" they are the better team. That shouldn't be a problem Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.