Metal Heads?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 5, 2009.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think my live metal days are over....although I like some of Disturbed's stuff.

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Had a friend went see them in concert after their first CD. He said when they started playing Down with the Sickness, the funniest thing he ever heard was 10,000 people all together go "oghhhhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh":hihi:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man acid bath one of my favorite bands of all time, remember seeing them open up for Marilyn Manson at Papa Joe's on the front end of Nicholson in B.R.

leave the women and children at home, go to the metal show and crack skulls!!!

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I knew Jimmy Kyle's brother pretty well in high school. Really cool guys.

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I remember Papa Joe's. One time we drove from Lafayette to BR just to see them. Papa Joe's was damn near empty that night which sucked from them but was pretty cool cuz we didn't have to worry too much about the crazy BS. After the show we were outside and Dax Riggs came out and just talked with us for about an hour.

Then months later I was working "roadie" for a band and we down in Raceland and I was wearing one of my Acid Bath shirts from when they first started. While we were setting up I noticed Sammy was sitting at the bar. As usual before the show I went change and he comes up to me and said "Hey man whered you get that stupid @$$ shirt?" I just laughed and we talked for a good while about some of their shows when they first started.

Very cool and down to earth guys. Which you never expect listening to their music.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

dax is actually doing really well for himself, lives in austin and has some really good solo stuff. dude still has one of the best voices i have ever heard.

7. BuickMakane

BuickMakane Sign of things to come?

ahem....not metal. Barely hard rock. I won't go so far as to make a Nickelback comparison, but I thought about it.

Saw them a few months ago on that Energy Drink concert tour w/ Slipknot. It felt like Neil Diamond was lead singer.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Gotta agree. Much like Godsmack, every song sounds just like the other. Gets old pretty quick.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

:lol::huh:

That's before my time.

10. CDUB_TEAMKATT

CDUB_TEAMKATT Founding Member

Acid Bath were the kings of Louisiana metal. A shame that a tragedy had to stop their momentum...and eventually break the band up.

Killswitch Engage and Chimaira are two bands that I have been following for a few years...each album getting better and better.

I was in a local metal band...played the BR and NO areas a lot...pretty hard to do since the only thing that draws around here are cover bands and tribute bands (not saying they are not good, just speaking the truth).

Will try to go to both shows in April.