Men's Basketball Recruting (2014)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mrgreen21, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Jones is from DeRidder.

2. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

ok mr green, whos next? sure would be nice to get another 7 footer. Any chance?

3. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

stevescookin likes this.
  4. mrgreen21

Oct 12, Jylen Patterson a 3 star pg(2014 class) will be visiting...Hes an under the radar player who's from GA but just so happens to be playing his Sr season at Montverde Academy the same school that 2015 5 star PF Ben Simmons attends. Oh and it just so happens that Simmons posted earlier today on his twitter account that he would be taking an unofficial visit to LSU on Oct 12! Do yo thing Coach JJ!

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Beat me to the punch, MrGreen. Now, the interesting question, Ben Simmons aside, is where do Mr. Patterson and Mr. Reynolds now fall with the LSU staff? 5'11" PG from GA, or 6'2" PG/combo guard from Chicago? Both with some pedigreed programs, both in interesting "recruiting" circles that are attractive.

Here's the youtube on Mr. Patterson. Kid seems like a decent small point guard--not Anthony Hickey quick, but seems to do a little bit of everything well. Can pass, dribble, drive and shoot. Will have to see how he fits in during his visit...

Very nice article on him just released today: http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/component/k2/item/649-patterson-getting-closer-to-a-decision

As for Reynolds, the news on him has been hard to come by, other than CJJ had a nice in-home visit with him and he still seems high on LSU. Seems like most of the footage out there on him is of him shooting, and less of him playing PG.

If offer lists mean anything, it seems like Patterson would be the more logical get--more SEC teams, including UGA, Auburn, and some basketball schools like St. Louis and GMason have given offers and received visits. Largely Reynolds has LSU and Iowa to choose from. I'm liking what I'm reading on Patterson, and if LSU is looking for a "pure" PG, Patterson seems to fit the bill.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    mrgreen21 likes this.
  6. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Don't know if you saw the recent news at CJJ's presser this week. Bridgewater is enrolled, but appealing with the NCAA over one grade in a class that he got a "very good grade in". No word yet, but isn't practicing with the team until it's cleared up. So, I suppose there's hope... just don't know why it's taken this long.

By the way, Hoops opened practice yesterday, and will have 30 practices over 42 days given new NCAA rules ...

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=209273945

Some interesting tidbits. Hickey and Quarterman matched up as the PGs, Morgan v Stringer, Hammink v Coleman, Malone v Mickey, in the drills. Appears that Malone's put on some weight, as has J. Martin. You can also see the 2 walk-ons--Henry Shortess, another PG (5'9") to practice with, is in there. And, the other walk-on is 6'8" 245lb Brandon Eddlestone from Northshore HS in Slidell. Was an all-district kid. For the first time in a long time, you can really see a LOT of depth.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    mrgreen21 likes this.
  7. mrgreen21

Elbert Robinson says he's going to announce this Tuesday...he has 4 schools on his list but most believe its between LSU & Ohio St...it look really good for us but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Any extra information on Mr. Robinson? Do we have a separate thread on this guy?

9. mrgreen21

can't link from my phone but ElbertRobinson is a Tiger!

Tom Callender likes this.
  10. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member