Men v #9 Butler Game Thread, Thursday CBS, online

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Mar 15, 2009.

1. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Men v #9 Butler Game Thread, Thursday 11:20 CBS, online

Time to go dancing!

We face the Bulldogs of Butler, an at-large from the horizon league. Time TBA, but probably noon est. Edit: we are the opening game of the tourney, 11:20 cst.

Coverage maps to follow when they are available, but if your not in LA or live near Indianapolis (Butler's home town), you will most likely have to use NCAA MMOD (http://mmod.ncaa.com/)

2. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

LSU Men's Basketball in the NCAA Tournament has some basic info about the tournament including links to Butler's website, tournament brackets, starting times for every game...

Basketball to Face Butler in NCAA Tournament has quotes from Trent Johnson, Garrett Temple, and Tasmin Mitchell. The Reveille has the press conference video. This is a good example of why I prefer the videos of the press conferences. Reading it is one thing, but seeing / listening to it really gives me a little more insight into what was said and puts certain comments into better context. Anyway I enjoyed the press conference...

LSU vs. Butler draws Jim Nantz / Clark Kellogg - Announcer teams assigned for 1st and 2nd round coverage

In the absence of a coverage map, try going to zap2it.com and enter your zip code and provider. Navigate to the date and time, and the info returned should be correct for Thursday. Also you can check your local CBS affiliate's website...

3. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I am going to be knee deep in the preperation for my brothers wedding at that point...anybody offering text updates????

4. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

Hmmm... That's a 1:30 AM tipoff for me. I think I'll take a nap before the game.

5. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

You follow most of LSU games live. That's some late nights and early mornings over there. Drink a lot of coffee at work?

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

john feinstein likes the tigers, i think. at least in the first round.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/15/AR2009031502435.html

"The temptation here is to pick Butler on the grounds that the Southeastern Conference was wretched -- and kudos to conference commissioner Mike Slive who, as basketball committee chairman, did not shove non-deserving SEC teams such as South Carolina, Florida and Auburn into the field.

But Butler isn't as good as it has been in past years, and LSU's quickness might be a little too much for the Bulldogs to handle. Neither team is going to beat the Tar Heels. "

7. Terrebonne95

Terrebonne95 LSU fan in Korea

I do whatever it takes to follow my team. Whatever it takes! :geauxtige

화이팅!

1 person likes this.
  8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Some bulletin board material, courtesy of Fox Sports:

12 Teams You Shouldn't Put in Your Bracket
    #9 LSU Tigers (No. 8 in South)

After clinching the SEC regular-season title with a win at Kentucky on Feb. 28, the Tigers have dropped three of four, including a semifinal loss to Mississippi State in the conference tourney. SEC player of the year Marcus Thornton shot 28 of 73 during that stretch and isn't getting much help. If you're smart, you won't pick any SEC team to get past the Sweet 16.

Well, when you pull an 8 seed and your reward if you win the 1st round is to play UNC in Greensboro, yeah I can see how that's not a hard prediction.

9. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

If LSU gets past Butler to face UNC, my sense is that UNC is upset-able. Why? Because it's happened before. I live in Chapel Hill and work at UNC, and I am a life-long LSU fan. Trying to vibe LSU a win or two or three or four.:thumb:

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"[​IMG]