Megatron

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I think you made an argument a few years ago against a mobile QB.

2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Joe Montana was probably the best "clutch" Quarterback to ever play the game...the only other QB that is in the same league is Johnny Unitas....according to dad who saw him play a lot. I don't know if I ever saw him play though...I was way too young back then.

There are no real stats to measure "Clutch-ness", but I think that when you really need to make that drive to win the game and you do it is the main criterion for greatness.

Montana did it at Notre Dame....and he did it for the 49ers....all the time.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think Rodgers is really good. The system helps him but it's more of him bringing the system to another level. IMO, you can make a strong case for Rodgers, Brady, or Brees. In defense of Brees at SD, his last year was a really good, Pro-Bowl season for a franchise that was absolutely pitiful only two years prior. Rodgers or Brady never had to completely turn a franchise around. Brees did it twice.

Rodgers has great pocket presence and keeps plays alive while keeping his eyes down field. I can't really say anything negative about him but feel like he's due for a significant injury with all of that dancing he does when the pocket collapses and those 300 lb D-linemen are after him.

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

There's nothing better than a greatest QB discussion....I'm in awe of all of the ones mentioned

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Notice how Brett Favre wasn't mentioned in the greatest QB's discussion.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

I did, well done, nice memory. I think my argument was against a qb that runs, not a qb that is mobile in such a way as to buy time to throw. Tebow tucks the ball and runs. Rodgers is running and pump faking and running and then he uncorks a bullet down the sideline.

The hope for Robert Griffin is that he doesn't let his speed take over from his decision making. Like he should find a man downfield instead of tucking the ball and running. It's just more efficient and safer to pass. Better to dance and find a man to dump off to, because running is a bad long term strategy for a qb.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

I agree with that just ask Vick about last night.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Exactly. That why griffin should aspire to be the next Rodgers, not the next Vick, which is doable because griffin is smart, unlike Vick.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

Also I predict that in a few years the 4 best in the league will be newton, Rodgers, griffin and luck, and luck will be as good as advertised, maybe close To as good as Rogers.

Also I predict that between luck and griffin, the odds of a bust are zero.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

if Vick had half of his brain with that talent, he would be among the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.