McNamee claims Clemens' wife took HGH

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Feb 8, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

is there anything more hilarious or sad than clemens' wife with a written affidavit admitting to using HGH and injected by his own trainer while roidger claims to have never ever seen or heard about it.

nothing more insulting to anyones intelligence than that.

so lets get this straight, your wife knew to go to your personal trainer that followed you to 3 teams over 10 years for hgh while never discussing it with you and without your knowledge ever.

good job.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i expect the bs is only gonna get deeper.

[​IMG]

or should i have a smilie with hip waders? :grin:

3. tirk

whats sad is he was rogers' "boy" for years. he was at his house having dinner amongst family day in and day out as best friends. roidger had the yankees hire him when he left toronto because they were so close.

yet when the shiit hits the fan its every rat for himself and the tossing under the bus begins.

mcnamee is a scumbag no doubt yet he was simply trying to avoid more jail time and spoke the truth. roidger is fighting for a hall of fame ballot so he defames his trainer who was your best bud for a decade to save your ass.

then lies in front of congress on top of it.

he's much lower than mcnamee to me.

4. tirk

Editor's note: Jayson Stark is blogging live during today's congressional hearing. Check back frequently for updates throughout the day.

3:41 p.m ET
    So what have we learned?

After five hours of questions, five hours of answers, five hours of this particular unofficial juror furiously trying to type and listen at the same time, what have we learned?

We learned that Andy Pettitte -- who once was Roger Clemens' best buddy -- is now his worst nightmare. It may be tough to fully believe anyone else. But it's easy to believe a guy like this, who had so many reasons to defend and corroborate his longtime friend and hero -- but didn't.

We learned that Clemens' old nanny may present some big problems for him, too. She, apparently, brought Clemens' kids to that Jose Canseco bash in Florida. And when Clemens invited her to his house for a chit-chat last week -- before she'd been interviewed by investigators -- he raised some questions that could be tricky to dismiss.

But we also learned that Brian McNamee isn't anybody's idea of a star witness. He admitted to lying on several fronts. He admitted he didn't tell the whole truth about Clemens to investigators. He had lousy alibis for all of that. And he didn't present his side in even a remotely forceful manner.

In the Battle of the Network Witnesses -- even if the network was C-SPAN -- Clemens was a much more compelling personality. He sat up straight, while McNamee slumped. He looked everyone directly in the eyeballs, while McNamee stared at the table in front of him.

And Clemens spoke with passion and energy, and with what sounded like heartfelt conviction -- even if there was reason to raise many an eyebrow over his versions of the truth.

He hasn't heard the last of this, obviously. Far from it. How can there NOT be an investigation now into whether he perjured himself? How can a grand jury NOT consider whether to indict him? How can his pal Andy Pettitte NOT be called back to somebody's witness stand to expound upon all this further?

But he had a better day than most of us probably suspected he would. And in a case in which there still doesn't appear to be a whole lot of physical evidence -- other than an old syringe, stuffed in a Lite Beer can -- he just might be able to sell his story in a court of law.

Whether he can sell it in the court of public opinion, though, is a whole 'nother story.

Or, in my case, I'm afraid, possibly a whole 'nother live blog.

3:27 p.m. ET
    We never heard from McNamee again, either.

But Waxman did take the extraordinary tack of actually apologizing to McNamee for the shots he'd taken all day from some of Waxman's colleagues:

"Mr. McNamee, you've taken some hits today. In my view, some were fair, and some were really unwarranted. … I appreciate your cooperation, and I want to apologize for some of those remarks that were made to you."

He'd have said something at the time, Waxman said, but those pesky congressional rules just wouldn't permit that.

Darn those pesky congressional rules. They didn't even allow for these guys to eat lunch, either, I might add.

3:24 p.m. ET
    Oops. Roger might have been feeling a little too good.

He was doing swell until he made the mistake of interrupting Rep. Waxman during the committee chairman's final remarks.

Waxman was in the midst of concluding that Pettitte obviously didn't believe Clemens' denials -- or his alleged 2005 assertion that he meant only his wife was using HGH -- when the Rocket chirped up.

"That doesn't mean he was not mistaken," Clemens said.

He may have had more to add, but we'll never know. Waxman slammed that gavel as hard as any opposing hitter has ever taken a swing at Clemens and snapped: "This is not your time to argue with me."

That, not surprisingly, was the last time we heard from Roger.

3:10 p.m. ET
    Meanwhile, Clemens' confidence only seemed to grow as the afternoon rolled onward. And it showed, when Rep. Diane Watson asked him a simple question: What did he think of the Mitchell report?

It could have been an occasion for Clemens to mumble a quick answer about how he'd been wronged and leave it at that. But he turned it into his soliloquy of the day.

He turned and pointed right at Brian McNamee -- maybe the first time all day Clemens had even looked at his accuser.

"I strongly disagree, obviously, with this man and the claims he made about me. But I've lived my life, knowing that if I had the opportunity to chase my dreams and make it to the major leagues, I'd be an example to kids -- not only my own but other children. I want them to know there are no shortcuts. You have to work hard. … And steroids are bad for you. They're bad for your body. I want kids to know that."

Contrast that with Mark McGwire whispering, "I'm not here to talk about the past."

Roger Clemens may get charged with perjury, anyway. But say this for him: He made a tremendous witness.

5. LuvinLes

LuvinLes Founding Member

Exactly.....you have NOOOOO idea what 1 child does to those abs, I can't fathom 4...even after you're back in tip top shape the abs are shot...now had I known I could shoot up w/ a little GH and be back in prior form....

He's going down!

6. tirk

he's guilty but there was far too much hero-worship going down in that room which is ridiculous.

there were 6 fbi agents present which will decide whether to push toward this perjury trial.

I cant see it not happening but I can see him being let off the hook which will piss me off.

Most 13 yr olds are better liars than him.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

no joke. when i read this is one of your previous posts....

i thought i was gonna lose my lunch. *urp*

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Was this possibly said in a sarcastic tone? I can't imagine someone saying that and being serious.

9. tirk

nope

if ever there was a doubt its a waste of tax dollars, that clarifies it.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not to mention the Sonic burgers. :lol: