McNamee claims Clemens' wife took HGH

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Feb 8, 2008.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this is getting good. I think Roger took a stand against the wrong dude. he has too many bullets in his gun.

Published: Friday, February 08, 2008

Brian McNamee has claimed he injected Roger Clemens' wife with human growth hormone, according to a published report Friday.

The New York Daily News reported on its web site that a source has said McNamee told congressional investigators on Thursday that he injected Debbie Clemens before she appeared in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue in 2003 with her husband.

According to the report, McNamee said he did so at Roger Clemens' direction.

Debbie Clemens appeared with her husband in a photoshoot in the magazine, wearing a bikini and holding a bat while standing over her husband, who was wearing his New York Yankees uniform.

"McNamee discussed his wife's use before the committee," the source told the Daily News. "She was trying to get in shape for the SI cover. He told them the story that Debbie took growth."

At the time, Debbie Clemens wrote about the shoot on her web site.

"Roger came to me one day and told me that we had been asked to do a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated," Debbie Clemens recalls. "I had major anxiety! I was a 39-year-old mother of 4! Once I realized that this WAS going to be a reality, I decided I had to give it everything I had.

"My mind was set. I am not a risk taker, but have since learned that with great risk, sometimes comes great reward. The responses from that experience have been wonderful and I feel it was a turning point in my life. It's nice to have a goal for yourself and to see it through. The goal kept me motivated and focused. Using common sense and my ability to balance my life, I achieved that goal."

Rusty Hardin, one of Clemens' lawyers, offered a quick reaction to McNamee's latest allegations.

"Now there can be no doubt what kind of person we are dealing with," Hardin said. "To say that Roger directed something like this is a colossal lie."

[​IMG]

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=mlb-news-display&nid=A20044821202509949A

2. clair

clair Rockets

I believe McNamee 100%.

Just like I believe Jose Canseco 100%.

3. tirk

canseco is about as shady a character there is but regarding selling his soul for money he was the most honest regarding this subject.

4. clair

clair Rockets

amen.

I don't mean to change the thread, but should he maybe be a hall of famer for what he did?

He is a horrible, horrible person, but in a way, he kinda "saved" the game from roids.

Not like I thought it needed to be saved to begin with, but you know what I mean.

He will forever be a huge part of baseball history.

5. tirk

i actually thought you were being cynical in your first reply.

sadly, I believe both these scumbags even mcnamee moreso than canseco since he was facing serious time and had no monetary incentive to bite the hand that fed him.

he was known as "clemens' guy". thats why he went from the jays to the yanks, etc.

and I never thought of canseco that way but in essence, he may have saved the game from its current drug issue but there will be more to follow.

I think they should maybe bronze the syringes, etc at the hall mcnamee turns over as evidence. It should have its place in the hall, no?

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

How could you not believe McNamee? Roger is denying it because he thought there was no way evidence could be traced back to him, thus no perjury or facts to be brought up.

If McNamee was lying he would never have brought it any further knowing Roger had more money to throw around than him on the case. Plus the fact that he had everything to lose and nothing to gain but bring a friend down. He could have simply agreed with Roger and faced little scrutiny and then moved on. The dude has **** on him and we have all known it for 10 years.

7. tirk

well because hes a bigger scumbag and shadier character than canseco. he has a long history and usually you would tend not to believe anything such a person had to say but when weighing the facts, its obvious clemens is in over his head here.

not sure why mcnamee didnt turn over the physical evidence during the investigation or mention it.

I suppose he gave the minimal info needed in an effort to semi-save clemens but kept it as a trump card if clemens decided to call him on it.

and it looks like thats what happened.

8. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

exactly. he knew that Clemens would come after him thru the media so he held a major trump card back. And God Bless him for that.

9. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

look closely at the picture

a. clemens is flexing his tris and that's just gay
    2. homeboy ain't wearing a ring - maybe it don't fit no more? like an old barry bonds hat? I'm just sayin. When my wife is pregnant her hands swell and she cant wear her rings (hormones)

Clemens is a complete piece of ****

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the nail in the coffin

just a sober reminder that athletes are as fallible as the general public, then ask for their autograph, put them on TV, give them tons of $$$ and they become way worse than the general public

he sure can throw a ball, but i wouldnt want him as a friend or family member---unless i needed tix.