McKnight (from Curtis)... what's the word? Any interest in LSU?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by 2arms2legsTIGER, Nov 13, 2006.

1. LSUTigerinMisso

LSUTigerinMisso Freshman

I'm sitting here picturing Perrioux @QB , K. Williams @ RB , McKnight @ RB , and T. Holliday @ WR lined up against USC and smiling REAL big.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Some guy told me last night that McKnight referred a player to USC. That's all I know. I hope he was full of it.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

McKnight told USC coaches about Chad Jones.

4. jjtsaints

jjtsaints Founding Member

yea its not looking good for LSU

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It often doesn't...

However, Miles has yet to lose an in-state recruit that we've offered. I don't expect this to be the year that trend reverses. We'll see.

6. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I find the fact that he is referring Jones to USC isnt a good sign.

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

The fact that Jones' brother is here with us will help us in a big way...the only thing holding us from getting him is gonna be the mlb draft, not usc.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm getting a bad feeling and I sure hope I'm wrong. Here's an article on his comments about the USC visit.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=2&c=601700

9. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Yep, that doesnt sound too good. At least LSU is still right there with USC for his commitment. Also, note what Jones said about USC not being afraid to play freshman. USC plays a lot of true freshman and sophmores. They put whoever is the best player at a position on the field. Ive always agreed with that. Look at this year with LSU at the end of the season. Williams was clearly the best back, yes he got the most carries but he also sat down a lot when he should have in the game. Plus with glitz of LA making it all the more enticing for a blue chip recruit. With McKnight refering Jones I dont think things look much brighter when it comes to him.

We will have a good recruiting year nonetheless, but this would be one or possibly two big losses. This could still be a really great class. There is no way LSU can handle USC coming into Louisiana and picking up our top players. We wont be able to compete with them if this starts happening regularly. Especially with the player a caliber of McKnight.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

A good post, but McKnight also has to consider that USC has signed a five star running back lately, and he won't be the only knife in the drawer for Usuck. No guarantee of playing time there at all.