McElwain Buyout...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CaryLab, Oct 28, 2017.

1. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Hi all, live in Florida. Read almost daily, don't post much. Word on the street over here is it will most likely be Mullen. If not him then Chip Kelly, Charley Strong, Les Miles in that order. Don't think they will touch Kiffen unless the others fall through. Scott Frost would be in at number two but word is he is gone to Nebraska.

Scott Striklin (now at UF) was the AD at Moo State and hired Mullen over there. Only negative on him was he wasn't that popular during his last Gainesville stint. Charley Strong on the other hand was very popular. Gators hire offense.

Edit- Just got off the phone with a Gator. He seems to think Kelly, or Strong. Wild card Gruden. Gruden was mentioned before, don't see him going there.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I actually would think it would be funny to get chip Kelly in the SEC. When is the last time his teams played anyone with a defense? Every time a stout D went against them they would fold. I don't see Kelly going there b/c I don't think he wants any part of the SEC year in and year out and Mullen isn't leaving the cowbells. The word is he likes it in Starkvagas. The other hires I would love as well, keep Florida nice and squishy.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Ducks beat strong defenses,.. I'd actually enjoy watching Chip coach at Florida, though I don't want a new favorite SEC team,.. just flapping of lips though, Kelly will stay in the NFL.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not Kelly not miles definitely not Gruden but it's fun to hope. Id guess mullen still.

tigerbait3 and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like the 2011 LSU D?

Brian, Rouxleaux and fanatic like this.
  6. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

no, but that was a fluke

Bengal B likes this.
  7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Dont care

8. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

I don't think Mullen will be leave MS State if what I was just told is true. Just a rumor but buddy is usually pretty in the know so I think it is likely true but anyways said it will be announced very soon that Mullen signed or will sign an extension with State for 6 mil a year. That is a lot of cash to walk away from at a program with a fan base that is thrilled with 8-4 with a bowl game seasons and the big in state rival falling on hard times to say the least. Just cannot see him or anyone leaving such a gravy job for a place that is going to have much higher expectations. Only reason I can see would be if his desire to compete for a national title is strong enough to make him go to a bigger contender.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

If Mullen wants to establish himself as elite he will have to leave State. If he’s happy with less pressure then he’s good where he is.

Brian and Bengal B like this.
  10. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I have heard similarly. Apparently he likes starkvagas; also UF is a shit show right now.