Matthews: My ‘Job’ Is To Make Obama Presidency A Success

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Sling all the arrows at FOX you want, the FACT is whatever warts you find on FOX you'll find MUCH MORE of on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, et al.

Liberals throw a tantrum about FOX all the while being perfectly content with the biased agendas of almost every other media outlet. Their hypocrisy is laughable. What child-like mentalities.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Maybe I'm a republican who also happens to be a liberal? Whatever the case, I'm not quite sure what I'd be labeled, I am bothered by liberal bias, but I am also bothered by any form of bias. I don't buy into the two wrongs make a right thing.

3. Andouille

Andouille Guest

If you were truly bothered by liberal bias you wouldn't be spending so much time harping on FOX when there is 100x the bias going on at almost every other media news outlet.

FOX appears greatly biased to you because your politics are left and you are comparing FOX to almost every other news outlet who are all Left of center.

Aside from seeing the obvious, people have post studies documenting the Left bias in media outlets. Instead of objectively looking at the data you've made the choice to disregard it because it doesn't jive with your worldview. You're more concerned with defending your position than you are learning the truth.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I consider myself an independent, and I have voted repub and dem over the years. I accept there is left wing bias in the media, particularly MSNBC, which sneers and uses sarcasm heavily against the right, the same way Fox does against the left. Those are the two extremes, IMO. When you get to the major networks, I see a left wing bias, but they are careful to keep it hidden. You don't see it so much is what is said, nor in how it is said, IMO you don't see it because it is based on "what is not reported on". They pick the stories they want you to hear about, then report on them in a polite and professional manner, so its not obvious.

It is what it is.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I found examples in your own citatation and pointed them out already.

Conservatives have complained about an alleged liberal media bias for years as a tool for browbeating the media towards favorable and sheepish coverage, while wanting voters to ignore that it is conservative Corporate America that actually owns the large majority of that same media and dictates its content. They disregard the fact that they have large segments of the media created just for them, and get almost all of their news from totally biased sources: Fox News and conservative talk radio.

The study was narrowly focused about the Obama/MCain campaigh coveragefor a 7 week period and did not address "liberal bias" at all. It found that each candidate received positive or negative coverage based on the "horserace" between news media and their bias was about political "strategy and tactics" rather than ideology. From your source:

Where, anywhere in this document, does it say that the media sources studied exhibited a "liberal bias"?

Sure, just declare "victory". :lol: Well, I declare victory, too! Now what are you going to do? :grin: Drop it, I hope. You've made your points and I've made mine and we simply disagree.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to provide examples, should it?

You are an ironic character!

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

What is liberal about my politics? That I don't like FOX News?

I've said before that I watch FOX News and CNN almost exclusively, and I am bothered by both. Of the two, I'd give FOX News the edge in dishonesty in reporting, but they both exhibit that.

The statistics proving that even FOX News preferred Obama is deeply limited, IMO.