Matthews: My ‘Job’ Is To Make Obama Presidency A Success

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Andouille, Nov 7, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Shep is an Ole Piss fan. What the hell does he know? :hihi:

2. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Wow. It's settled then. Throw out all the studies and research. Shep Smith says it aint so. :lol:

It's two seperate issues. The Republicans had no chance in the election AND the media was even more biased than it usually is.

Keep trying Mastermind. Maybe a few people will believe you and Red instead of the truth. :thumb:

Meanwhile your beloved NY Times and other liberal rags continue to lose subscribers by the day. Your stranglehold on mass media and public opinion is soon to be history. :D That's why your cohorts on the left are so desperate to enact the censorship doctrine.

Long live the Internets.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I posted an article on a quote from Shepard Smith of Fox News, I usually just ignore you because your ignorance knows no bounds. However, this deserves a response. My beloved NY Times?, who said I read the NY Times or love it. Stranglehold?, what would that be. Nevermind you cant even answer that question.
    I didnt provide any commentary with my post, because it really doesnt matter what the media says. I this posted to provide a view from someone who works for Fox News to add to the discussion. I saw the article thought it was interesting and I posted. You get a hard on everyday by trying to prove something to people here. Why dont you prove something to yourself and grow up for a change. Myself as an informed person, I make decisions on my own research. Something you should do. You are no better than the left wing media that you hate or Rush Limbaugh and MAnn Coulter.

Then you use stupid azz words like beloved, stranglehold, cohorts. Where do you come up with this ignorant shyt? Thats a real question and I'll wait on your answer.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The studies that you talk about but never cite? Sure thing, they are very easy to throw out.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

The study I cited shows a clear liberal bias in favor of Obama in this last election. Shep said nothing to dispute that. What he put forth was the effect the media has on an election with the electorate. He clearly thinks the media is merely a reflection of the nation. In some ways he is correct but considering the overwhelming Obama positive slant and the fact that he only won 52-48, it shows that the media is not simply a reflection of the electorate.

How much does it influence the everyday voter? That is purely subjective and probably impossible to measure, but it's hard to believe it has no effect. Even Obama said he would be several points higher in the polls if it were not for FOX News. He is supposed to be an intelligent guy, so why does he say something like that? Perhaps because FOX was not in the tank for him like most everyone else? The mistake many on here are making is that the electorate really researches their vote the same as people in FSA. If you believe that, you really need to get out more.

As good as the media is at selling fear? Again...it's hard to believe they had no effect.

6. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Don't be trippin yo.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not according to what I've learned on Tiger Forums.

We should get more farmers to go to Hollywood to join the media elite, thus giving a better cross section of America in the media. Thank goodness we have FOX News to give us a clear and honest view of the US and the world. And there are statistics to back that up, if you were wondering.

8. TheDude

You keep parroting the same retarded lines in regards to FOX news as if I ever claimed that they did not have a conservative basis in general. I did however show that they were unbiased in their coverage of the last presidential election and provided statistics from an impeccable source to back it up. Red cannot even refute it, as badly as he may want to. You can't accept facts and offer nothing to refute it other than your opinion. Opinions are great. I have one too. Mine just happens to be supported by reality.

Do you really have nothing better to do? You are starting to sound like Rexb.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I am absolutely convinced. I watched it with my own two eyes, but when you presented statistics my mind was absolutely changed. Statistics can't be refuted. An algorithm is necessarily more dependable than the human mind.

We both like Ron Paul. I'm not really a Jindal hater, though; I'm waiting to pass judgment on Jindal and hope he does well for Louisiana.

I know I'm being something of an ass, but your contention that FOX News is fair & balanced sends a wild hair where the sun don't shine. In my view that is absolute horse sh*t. I'm sorry I can't help myself... but I can't help myself.

10. TheDude

**yawn**