Matt House. Fire him now!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Nov 6, 2023.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I dont even know how you defend this. We are debating how good JD's is but its all for nothing because our defense is absolute trash. To have a QB this good since Burrow and we wasted it. Nice..

Trust BK. Ha

Richdog likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Such is the way of #milesball

Its more of a religon than a philosophy, predicated on faith that it will get better doing the same thing over and over when the best that can be hoped for is status quo.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it’s the talent funnel that is the problem… if house was knocking it out of the park and had a tremendous d, his lack of recruiting skill could be overlooked, but with the worst d in school history, I don’t think he stays…

better hope/pray lsu can flip some A&M recruits on the defensive side.

Richdog likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So true.
    I saw we had a CB decomit today.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You expected House to "knock it out of the park" in 2022 in the mist of a coaching change with a HC from Notre Dame and a DC who the recruits hardly knew anything about not to mention the NIL money we had to hurry up and compete with along with recruiting against well established coaches all over the SEC? I fear you will always be looking to fire coaches here. You guys are lightning quick to pounce on precieved wrongs with coaches yet the 2018 and 2019 teams were OC's by Ensminger whom most of couldn't find anything right with.

Sorry you failed to make a valid point to fire House. Too soon plus BK likes him. Fire BK maybe?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

haven't you learned by now to pretty much never take any coach at their word?

he's not going to do anything other than speak respectfully of him, then in the offseason, House "finds another job"
    just like what happened with Polian last year.
    just like what happened several times under Les, it happens at Alabama, it happens at UGA, Dabo does it that way, etc. these coaches rarely "fire" somebody. they all "voluntarily" leave for other jobs.

Richdog likes this.
  7. kcal

kcal Founding Member

2022 LSU - 34 in total defense
    2023 LSU - 106 in total defense

recruiting liability…

I suspect coach house will get an nfl offer he can’t turn down within the next 2-3 weeks or so, maybe as late as after the bowl game but not sure how the variable of early signing day affects the timeline…

8. furduknfish

FWIW, I think Polian is still on staff as some kind of cruit analyst. Might also explain some our contunued struggles in that area.

9. furduknfish

HTF we clocked in at 34 last year is a mystery. Seemed just as bad last year. Maybe b/c Perkins hadnt been completely neutralized yet.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  10. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Wrong! Brian Polian is now AD at his alma mater (John Carroll University).