Mass shooting in Vegas. I predict that some gun nut will make a prediction

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, why is it when OTHER people oppose certain military-style weapons THEY'RE enemies of the Constitution but you're not?

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Why are you for gun control on the weapons that are used in less than 3% of gun deaths?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Frankly in the eyes of some extremists I may be an enemy of the constitution. However like most who rever the constitution I realize that NO right is absolute or immutable. There are limits on free speech, right of assembly etc as there must be limits on the 2nd amendment as well. The limits are made through debate, consensus and legislative action. We must always debate the limits taking into account the original intent of the framers and current state of society. The framers wrote the constitution as a limit on the power of the federal government and to protect the powers of individuals and the states.
    So I can fully support the 2nd amendment and the limit on what weapons are allowed. Just like I can support the right of the NFL players to kneel but not like it one bit.
    Like liberals and conservatives of old, I may disagree with what you say but I'll give my life for your right to say it.

COTiger, dachsie and Rex like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subjugated races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subjugated races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police." Hitler

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -Thomas Jefferson, Proposed Virginia Constitution, 1776, Jefferson Papers 344

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason, during Virginia's ratification convention, 1788

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..." Samuel Adams

Bengal B, GiantDuckFan and Winston1 like this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This horse-shit of our founders could have never "imagined" the weapons of our time are just that, weapons of "our" time.

The simple fact is clear and present though out all of history, even modern, those who are disarmed are ruled.

I will gladly deal with and battle the evil of the human soul to defend our most sacred right, freedom.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Once again Winston eloquent words but what you fail to understand is that 9 people in black robes could take all your rights. Had the witch got elected no doubt in my mind she would have stacked the supreme court with leftist. There is not one sliver of doubt in my mind that the left (democrats) if they could would disarm us completely. The right to bear arms was put in there to protect against a possible tyrannical government NOT FOR HUNTING. Look around the world and you will see that most all countries are after your guns. I for one will not allow 9 people in robes to decide how I protect my family, myself and my country. These judges are surrouded by protection by people with GUNS provided by tax dollar from us. It always astounds me that the loudest voices trying to take your guns are the ones who have government provided protection by people with GUNS or personal bodyguards with GUNS. You see it's OK for THEM to be safe because THEY are more important than us and only THEY can be trusted with guns not us unwashed masses. Our constitutional rights are in my mind GOD GIVEN RIGHTS and beyond the reach and personal interpretation of the supreme court especially the first and second amendments. Without the first amendment we can't speak out and without the second amendment we can't protect that right.

See excellent post by Pride just above.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Bengal B likes this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Nice stuff pride

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

They had automatic weapons in 1700's.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

They also had the largest full time army in the world equipped with automatic weapons in the 1700's. No need for the second amendment other than for enthusiasts.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member