Mass Shooting in California

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by el005639, Nov 8, 2018.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

[QUOTE="CajunlostinCali, post: 1740969, member: 11841"
    The fucking vultures are just a free for all. How can you stick a camera in a mans face an hour after getting the news? Blows me the way how heartless these cockroaches can be[/QUOTE]
    As long as CNN & MSNBC are on the air, don't expect anything to change.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He was wide open all day. Just completely broke my heart. He laid it all out there. He tried so hard to hold on to hope for his first born son....but I think he knew. The phone locator was pinging inside the club.

He seemed to want to share how awesome his son was, share pictures, tell the world what he lost. But the questions were outrageous and yes, heartless.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

To lose one of mine like that would probably send me over the edge.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

It seemed to me that the 2 things that helped him hold it together, if you could call it that, were his very strong faith and the fact that he and his wife are expecting a daughter in a few weeks.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I guess, but this was on the local news. All the same I guess, right?

I almost never watch traditional news anymore, but this one was close. I pass by there every week without ever giving the area much thought. Over night they are world news.

Looking at many of the other areas, school shootings included and there are a lot of places just like that. Hometown America. Sad.

6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Yeah... the test should be as the constitution sets forth, essentially you are out of jail.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Apparently, it was a whole lot more than just 3 people.

"Anderson survived the attack at a country music festival in Las Vegas in October 2017 that left 58 people dead. On Wednesday, he again survived a gunman indiscriminately firing at people enjoying country music, this time at college night at a well-loved bar. Twelve people were killed.

Numerous Borderline regulars attended, and survived, the Las Vegas shooting.

“Vegas Strong” shirts were often spotted at the bar. Patrons gathered here for healing and community. The were a “family,” as Anderson described it.

Now, 13 months later, many again fled the gunshots and chaos of a mass shooting, with memories of the first terrifying experience guiding their actions in another scene of carnage....

“I was at the Las Vegas Route 91 mass shooting, as well as probably 50 or 60 others who were in there at the same time as me,” Nicholas Champion said in a television interview. “We’re all a big family, and unfortunately this family got hit twice.”

In Las Vegas, Anderson stood near the stage, on the same side of the field as the Mandalay Bay hotel, where a gunman fired shots out of the windows of his suite. Anderson saw a man next to him get shot and dove on top of his then-girlfriend to shield her. When the gunman stopped shooting, Anderson and his group of friends ran out an exit and two miles to their hotel.

On Wednesday, he stood near the bar facing the door — something he now does all the time in public, a learned behavior from the Las Vegas shooting."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/‘...ugh-california-massacre/ar-BBPvnaq?li=BBnb7Kz

He saw the gunman walk in, take a military-like stance and fire. He ducked behind the bar and, when the gunman briefly stopped shooting, ran outside with his friend.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I've arrived at a different point of view.

"The former Marine who fatally shot 12 people inside a California bar posted a message on social media during the attack saying he was bored but sane, law enforcement officials told NBC News.

Ian David Long, 28, also wrote that he knew his mental state would be debated for years, law enforcement officials said....

It's not exactly clear when he posted the social media messages, but law enforcement officials said that he walked to the back of the bar after hearing the sounds of police sirens and began indiscriminately firing on patrons.

The officials said he took a position of cover before fatally shooting Sgt. Ron Helus of the Ventura County Sheriff's Office.

Investigators believe Long then shot additional victims inside the bathroom stalls, as well as at least one person who was trying to escape through the bathroom window"

A complete and total sociopath.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

What's the difference, in your opinion, between a sociopath and a dirt bag?

Would you agree that not all dirt bags are sociopaths, but all sociopaths are dirt bags?

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Beyond the basic colloquial presentation, it's a big difference. Sociopaths kill with no remorse and have zero compassion for anyone. There is no conscience nor care for their actions. Reading about what went down, he hunted them like animals and was putting stuff on social media in the middle of it. That is beyond your basic "dirtbag".

Strange question. Sociopaths are sociopaths. If I go there with the description, I've left dirtbag well in to the rearview.

shane0911 and GiantDuckFan like this.