Mark Richt "Retired"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by furduknfish, Dec 30, 2018.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Goeaux Tigers.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I like M. Richt but you can see the difference already between a real good coach (M Richt) and a great one (K Smart) in how he's already taken UGA to the next level in a short time. I guess it's fair to say, or am I wrong here?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

I’m waiting for Smart to fall off, but Richt wasn’t a great coach. I’da been calling for his head if he coached LSU.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I didn't say Richt was great. I said real good, and he was. Two SEC titles, 5 SEC Div titles.

CalcoTiger likes this.
  5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Richt was a good coach and a good man. The east was tougher when he was at Georgia. Mullen is bringing Fla back but I just don't like him. He is a condescending horses ass. His actions in the vandy game showed hus true colors.

I want to kick Fla. ass next year because of the hurricane bullshit alleva cowed down too.

Brian likes this.
  6. lsu-i-like

Guess I was kinda agreeing with ya...

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Mario Cristabal was an all-conference OT on the Miami Hurricanes team, coached by Jimmy Johnson, that won National Championships in 1989 and 1991.

https://247sports.com/college/orego...-Oregon-Football-staying-at-Oregon-127070846/
    The threat of Mario Cristobal jumping ship after one year vanished in less than 24 hours.

DuckTerritory.com had learned through multiple sources close to the Oregon football program, that Mario Cristobal spoke with his football team Sunday night to address his name being linked to the Miami Hurricanes opening for the head coach position.

At this meeting, he told his players he had decided to stay with Oregon instead of going after the Hurricane job.

Cristobal is also expected to meet with Oregon's Athletic Director Rob Mullens and discuss finalizing a new contract with the Ducks following the conclusion of the Redbox Bowl Cristobal signed a five-year $10 million deal with Oregon last December.

Cristobal is currently making $2.5 million this season and each of the next four years,.. both parties agreed to attach a steep buyout to his deal to prevent schools from going after Cristobal

The Ducks went 8-4 in his first regular season with Oregon,

Cristobal signed the Pac-12's best recruiting class and also the Oregon football program's highest-rated recruiting class in school history. The 22-man class is currently ranked sixth in the country

"I felt all in with Oregon after being here just a short amount of time," Cristobal said "I want to be here until you got to drag me away kicking and screaming."

The Duck will face the Spartans at 12:00 pt. The game will be carried on Fox.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    kcal, ParadiseiNC and Brian like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Our defensive coordinator makes as much as him.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Our defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt makes almost as much as Cristobal. $1.7 million, Leavitt is the 2nd highest paid DC in the country, only Dave Aranda makes more.

Cristobal signed a friendly contract with the Ducks, we got a good deal.

And Taggart's buyout money paid for it, and was also used to give our assistant coaches big fat raises. Taggart leaving made us money and set us up pretty.

I expect Cristobal's new contract will be a lot bigger

furduknfish, ParadiseiNC and Brian like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not so fast my friend. The 2nd highest paid DC is Clemson's Brent Venables who gets $11 million for 5 years.

didit, GiantDuckFan and ParadiseiNC like this.