Mark Richt as potential OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 30, 2015.

1. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

IDK. Miles looked pretty worn down and ragged at the presser to me. I know it was a tough week for him and Alleva left him out to dry. Booger McFarland said all of the right things after the game on the SEC Network about what Miles needs to do to retain his job. I just wonder IS Miles that stubborn that he would know his job is on the line and still try to convince everyone that the product he put on the field this year is worthy of keeping his job? I think I saw a little bit of a defeated Miles in that presser and I would think that given the reality of NOT being LSU's coach, he will make enough changes our offense and loosen the reigns. I would IF I was going to lose my job. I know he said the engine is not broken, which makes everyone think he is not going to change, but he is right: the guts of our offense, our run game is not broken. But, he did admit that 4/17 is just not good enough and the QB position has got to be better, which makes me think Cameron will not be back and there is a slight chance he may be realizing that in order to keep up, he has got to get better. Of course if pigs had wings...............

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The entire mentality of the offense is garbage. QB development is garbage. The passing concepts are garbage. The play calling is garbage. Blocking is garbage. This offense needs to be completely gutted and rebuilt from the ground up. That doesn't mean that the running game and Fournette aren't a major part of the new offense. But this offense is diseased and contaminated. It must be completely put out of its misery. The LSU offense needs an entirely different mindset and philosophy. Use Fournette and the running game as a strong foundation to build an entirely new offense and Miles could be playing for championships again. A word of advice though, don't hold your breath waiting for Miles to take that step. It's not part of his coaching scared personality.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Don't matter who we hire you dummies.

boweswi05 and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. tirk

I never had dinner with the President. And when I see your ass again I'll be hesitant.

5. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

I still contend that J Lee's year of pick 6's tightened Miles' sphincter and forever changed the way he views his Offense and what he will allow a QB to do and not do. Its like PTSD for Miles

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sully, is that you

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That's exactly what happened. No coordinator for the rest of his life will ever be anything more than a playcaller that can be trumped by the man himself.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I was wondering if it was just me. Must have mixed up his meds this morning.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. tirk

That was for LaSalle you oafs.

LaSalleAve and TwistedTiger like this.
  10. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I don't think we should hire an OC. Miles is in full control of his archaic offense so he might as well call the plays himself. And save "poor" LSU some money at the same time.