Mark Gottfried Fired

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by TigerBait3, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Because he was a loser and had no control of his players, IMO.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Say the thread title 3 times, fast.:eek:

3. ParadiseiNC

Loser was a bit strong. D*ck is what I really meant. Does anyone remember when ALA upset LSU (I think it was an upset) and the ALA players jumped on the tables (at LSU, as I remember, or in a tourney; definitely not ALAs homecourt) where the sideline clock operators and others were sitting? The players were waving towels and taunting the crowd. Gottfried was in the middle of it on the court cheering it on. It was disrepectful and cocky, a reflection of the coach, IMO. He was always cocky in his post-game comments,too. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Gottfried Fired,Gottfried Fired,Gottfried Fired - I can cut and paste it 3 times:hihi:

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Good morning . Just a thought, MG is out because after 10 years the program ''she be sinken". However of all sec teams it should be specifically clear to yall (see Mr. Brady) that even with good success at times, what have you won for me now, will always determine your future, now.

Roll Tide to one and all!!!

5. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Please. John Brady was a douche nugget. He won in spite of himself. he had some great players that he dragged him along kicking and screaming. I don't believe he was ever a good coach.

He was an egotistical prick in both his public and personal lives. I am still amazed he lasted as long as he did at LSU considering he was not liked at most levels around here.

6. ParadiseiNC

Thanks for your insight. I agree, the program was in stagnation and the "win now" mentality nationally. Did you like him.... as a coach, person, etc?

7. ParadiseiNC

I totally agree with you, Krypto. From what I saw of Gottfried, he one upped Brady in some of these descriptions.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I liked him personally, especially in the Mo Williams era. He recruited well, but something changed in his approach with the players that I believe will eventually come out.With that he lost a lot of Loyalty with them. It was clear with Marginal NBA prospects leaving early Richard Hendrix being the latest. The similarities with brady was only in the caliber of player he recruited. and he had some nice tournament runs.It was amazing the great players he brought in. MG I truly believe was better with x's and o's.